StromTrooper banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently my k6 has developed a habit of not returning to idle speed as quickly as usual after getting off the throttle. Seems to happen only when hot and, for example braking for traffic: RPMs remain above, say 2500/3000 and drop very slowly to idle speed, not returning to 1100-1300 until a few seconds after coming to a stop. TBs are synced, rubber boots are tight, secondaries look the same, valves properly adjusted, new air filter, fresh fuel, throttle linkage adjusted correctly and idle speed within proper limits. Other than this problem the bike runs great. I'm thinking possible vacuum leak in the TB sync hoses I added about 60k miles ago ...or... air temp sensor, as it seems to occur more often in cold temps. Any thoughts?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
My recently acquired K6 does the same thing. It happens usually right after i come off of the highway following a long run. It revs up to about 4000 rpm for about 3 seconds. Good to know that it appears to be connected to the fast idle because my fast idle is also set too high. It revs up to about 3500 rpm on startup. Hot idle is a bit high too; closer to 1200-1300 than 1100. Probably going to take mine to a mechanic to adjust as all of the "easy" repairs/adjustments discussed in this forum go sadly over my head!

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Dying after a long run is a typical symptom of a heat sensitive TPS. Replacement is the cure.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Getting those safety pins where they needed to be was fun, but finally got the voltages spot on. Thanks again for the link. Anything else I should check before putting the air box back on?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts