StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a silver 2004 Wee this spring and it came with a skidplate and engine guards. I'm wondering about the brand of these guards, are they OEM or something else? The skidplate seems to be OEM since it has a Suzuki logo on it. It kind of steals some ground clearance hanging so low but the exhaust seems to be setting the limit? This one certainly works, I've made contact with rocks plenty of times with it. :)

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
The crash bars may be OEM, which are identical to SW Motech. The skidplate does look like SW Motech too. I have the same set-up on my 650.

SS

·
Registered
962 Posts
The bars are a little different than the Motechs in that it doesn't have the bar spanning from the top and bottom bars. The plate looks like Motech except the DL is replaced with an S.
IMO both item were probably made by SWM but sold to Suzuki.

Here's my Motech bars and plate....

Ken

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
The earlier SW-M guards did not have that brace. SW-Motech does make engine guards and skid plates for Suzuki in the European market.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks guys, now my guards got a name/brand too! :) I know that they are bought from an authorized Suzuki dealer but the previous owner couldn't remember the actual brand.

BTW, the previous owner came by my office today, he's one of our companys subcontractors. I could see that he really really wanted it back as he walked around it and studied my small mods and farkles. I could see that he regretted selling it. Kinda sad but hey, I'm not gonna sell it back. I love it! :D Turns out that happiness indeed can be bought for money. ;)

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
People who think money can't buy happiness, or love, don't know how to shop. There are some exceptions of course.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts