StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I,ve thinking of trading my BMW for Vstrom to a member on this forum. Problem is Im in NJ he is in Georgia. Any ideas how to get this done. Trading titles though the mail seams risky for both parties. Does anyone know of any third person party that we could use as a go between? Also anyone know of a shipping company that we could both use Thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
Why not meet half way? Depending upon where the other party lives in Georgia it should only be 450 to 500 miles each. That way you can inspect each other's bikes and no hassles with paperwork.

Dave

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
I was buying an old car years ago, and I faxed an image of the bank check to the owner, and he faxed me an image of the clear title. It didn't help me know the condition of the car, but it let both of us know that each was serious and had the right paperwork.

·
Registered
182 Posts
If both titles are clear I'd do like some of the other guys have advised. Meet half way somewhere, both inspect the rides and if you both still want to do the deal, do all the signing stuff, then go on your way. I might be a good idea to have some printed up bills of sale just in case you get any crap on your way home or your secretary of state wants it. In the past I've had some conflict with the secretary because they questioned my posession.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts