Strom Trooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be in central Idaho (Kamiah) for a weekend in September and have decided I'd like to do some fishing while in the area. I figure there's got to be some people here who fish and ride, so is there anyone willing to give me some suggestions? I'm not skilled enough to fly fish, but I've got a decent backpacking spinning rig that works fine. I figure to get up, hop on the bike for a nice ride to someplace to fish, stay there for a few hours, maybe hit another place on the way back to camp.

Don't want to advertise it on a thread? PM me and I'll keep your secret!

:thumbup:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can definitely agree with you there. The Lolo Pass road is a great one!

·
Registered
503 Posts
hey Tom haven't heard from you in awhile!

don't know if you have ever been on rt 13 or 14 south of Kamiah but it's a great road and the river along it looks to have some nice fishing holes in it. I was up on Big Creek off the St. Joe last weekend. water flow was low and the water was warm so fishing wasn't that good. ( or maybe it was just me) the Selway looked to be promising , Scott and I rode through there a couple of years ago, but I think there was a or is a forest fire in the area now. might check with the ranger station. thats a great area. Always wanted to take my pole along but the roads were too curvy to slow down! Be sure and get the fishing regs as there are quite a few different restriction depending on where you go. used to catch a lot of fish on a worm and a sinker!

Good Luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts