StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was over at the yahoo 'Strom group and read that the IAT sensor mounted above the engine in the airbox might get overly hot at low speeds or in stop and go traffic and possibly cause the ECU to lean out the mixture resulting in poor drivability, stalling etc. The fix seems to be cutting one of the sensor's wires and inserting/soldering a resistor somewhere between 650 and 1K ohms - seems easy enough! Has anyone here done that? How'd it perform afterwards?

-cos

·
Registered
28 Posts
I did something like that on my zx-12r :twisted: and it work poorly.By doing that you will probably make your mixture richer and maybe fixing one problem.But you may also create another one by making the fuel mixture richer all the time,even when your throttle is open all the way on acceleration for example.Too much fuel in the mix is not good either,especially for the cylinder(fuel can wash the wall).But the think with this modification is that you can do it and if you feel that it doesn't work you can go back the way it was in no time.So...your choice.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep,

My mistake. I am spending way to much time over at the other board reading about different mods and eveything else and was thinking this would help correct a heat issue, which it won't.

-cos

1 - 3 of 3 Posts