StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to Afghanistan. I'll be heading over there in August, so needless to say, my Strom will be a little under-utilized. You guys have any good tips for long-term storage?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I can't give you any advice on keeping the bike fresh never had to do it and I am sure you'll get plenty of advice from these members here that are more than knowledgeable. However I would like to thank you for your service to this great nation of ours. Keep your head down and be safe, enjoy the sand box my friend. Thank You.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, man. I appreciate the sentiments and I am truly looking forward to going. I will be deploying with some fine Americans...real salt-of-the-earth kinda people.

·
Premium Member
2,209 Posts
fuel stabilizer to keep crap out of the injector, and a trickle charger to keep your battery alive and kicking.

and when you get there, keep yer head down. you are a good man, and i thank you for your service.

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
I don't have much to say about storage either but you be safe and thank you for your service.

·
Registered
523 Posts
From one military man to another...

Stay safe man.

As far as storing the bike, put seafoam in the tank and fill it to the top to prevent rust (or you can kreme the tank and leave it empty, I'd just do the first option). Disconnect and remove the battery. Put that electric grease on all the electrical connections (I forget what its called, but it's available at any hardware store). Best if you can have a friend come and move it every now and again to keep the tires from sitting on one spot. Or you can remove the wheels and stack them (with spacers) so they don't rot.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Any family or friends that can take it out for you once every coupla weeks? They (the bikes) tend to like that better than 12 months on the trickle charger...

Thanks for serving.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You take care of yourself and your buddies and if you happen to meet up with any Canucks while you are on tour please let em know their being thought of too. We're proud of all of you North and South of the border and we want you all back safe and sound.

Do your Job, Be Proud, Get Your Ass Home!

Oh, and....trickle charger, drain the gas or put some fuel stabilzer in, light spray. of oil in each cylinder, bike up on blocks, check the collant for antifreeze level, light spray of oil on all exposed metal and a dust cover. Don't wrap it in plastic that just traps humidity! I've kept old cars stored for years like that without any issues.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Canadian Air Force here, maybe I'll see you there, I will be the one wearing camo's (CadPats we call them).....

Cheers and good luck man!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Best wishes. Good luck and don't forget to duck!

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
to Afghanistan. I'll be heading over there in August, so needless to say, my Strom will be a little under-utilized. You guys have any good tips for long-term storage?
You lucky SOB!

Enjoy your visit. If you get a chance, shoot that bearded bastard who keeps sending tapes from those caves near the Pakistan border. You might get home early then.

Stay safe, we need good men like you back home.

Norm

·
Registered
800 Posts
As everyone has said, fuel stabilizer with full tank, either remove battery or attach battery tender.

Thank you for your service, and God Bless you.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Passing in the night

With any luck at all, I'll be passing you on the way over. I'll be home in 4 weeks. I'll have a ride and a beer(in that order) to you. Stay safe, shoot straight. BTW, don't worry about the bearded guy. He's under 300 tons of rock and dirt in Tora Bora, and has been since they bombed it in 2002.

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Thanks to all who have served, are serving and will serve.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts