StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a michigan boy on vacation in Sunny florida....Ill pause a moment for you to stop swearing at me...

Anyways...Im hanging out down here and all I can think about is my Strom locked in a shed back in Michigan with a 4ft snow drift up agianst the door. This is killing me. I want to ride down here so bad its killing me. Its like 75 and sunny. The bikes are out in force. And as if thats not bad enough as I got off the airplane and walked thru the parking garage what do I see in there....A v-strom just begging to be ridden!

Its not right....Not right at all.

AGGGHHHHHHH

As I drove to the airport Thursday morning I couldn't help but think...Man the roads are clear of snow...I bet I could make it out of Michigan on the strom before turning into in ice cube. But no...I flew instead...I sooo hate flying. Its pure agony. I feel like a refugee camped out in the airport waiting for layovers and such...PITA it is.

Oh well....I guess Ill go head to the pool and soak my troubles away... Its a tough life...but someone has to do it. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Why not rent a bike while down there?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea but...There is like 3ft of snow at my house. I like a challange but am not up to sliding down the road on the crash bars as parts of my bike get torn off and thrown about.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yea but...There is like 3ft of snow at my house. I like a challange but am not up to sliding down the road on the crash bars as parts of my bike get torn off and thrown about.
You'll be riding before me,...buck up there trooper:mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Riding everyday, but not in the snow

Just installed symtec heated grips and a blue seas fuse block last night. Heated grips made all the difference on the short ride in to work. Temps have been cold here, but only a couple days of snow so far this year. Can take the cold, not the snow or ice.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You'll be riding before me,...buck up there trooper:mrgreen:

yea soon...Hopefully very soon. I just got home to Michigan today. Man what a shock it was walking out of the GR airport into 15deg winds...Brrrr...I wanna go back to Florida.

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
yea soon...Hopefully very soon. I just got home to Michigan today. Man what a shock it was walking out of the GR airport into 15deg winds...Brrrr...I wanna go back to Florida.
Well, at least in Michigan you can sit on your V-Strom and make engine noises :D Welcome back to the collective "cabin."

·
Clever Title
515 Posts
I feel your pain, partner. I'm suffering from PMS as well.

Parked Motorcycle Syndrome, that is. And I've got it bad.

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Your NOT HELPING!!!

Man I just ordered a new set of tires, chain & sprockets, black wheel weights and a yellow tire pen. Now, all winter I've told myself that I won't start ordering parts "till spring gets closer, so don't despair. We'll all be out on those salty, pot-holed, glorious roads sooner than ya think :D

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
sunday ride

Took a 140 mile detour out to country on sunday. Decided to enjoy the dry and clear above freezing weather while inch of snow melted. Main roads dry, but side roads slushy. 45 mile ride out to friends in country, down a mile of muddy, slushy gravel road with steep drop offs. Coated bike and legs in a muddy mess, guess alaska would be like this. 37 degrees, decide to check out the twisties. Rode up old Y to W. W to KK. KK to Cuivre River state park. Deer, quail, red tailed hawks, and geese shared the deserted two lane. slushy sections were foot down scary, but did not drop. dry sections were much fun. Cuivre River park now has gates, and one blocked my progress after several miles, had to turn around and go back through slush. Back up KK to old 61, to new 61. Heated grips doing job nicely now, but feet and legs covered in wet slush are getting cold. Head over to wally world for some hand warmer packets, one in each boot, much better, a lifesaver. Back up 47 to 79, then 79 back to 70, 370, 270, and home. 140 miles in above freezing weather, downright warm compared to those 8 degree days.

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Took a 140 mile detour out to country on sunday. Decided to enjoy the dry and clear above freezing weather while inch of snow melted. Main roads dry, but side roads slushy. 45 mile ride out to friends in country, down a mile of muddy, slushy gravel road with steep drop offs. Coated bike and legs in a muddy mess, guess alaska would be like this. 37 degrees, decide to check out the twisties. Rode up old Y to W. W to KK. KK to Cuivre River state park. Deer, quail, red tailed hawks, and geese shared the deserted two lane. slushy sections were foot down scary, but did not drop. dry sections were much fun. Cuivre River park now has gates, and one blocked my progress after several miles, had to turn around and go back through slush. Back up KK to old 61, to new 61. Heated grips doing job nicely now, but feet and legs covered in wet slush are getting cold. Head over to wally world for some hand warmer packets, one in each boot, much better, a lifesaver. Back up 47 to 79, then 79 back to 70, 370, 270, and home. 140 miles in above freezing weather, downright warm compared to those 8 degree days.
Ya see YZ? It's a' comin'

Thanks for the report Oh2. Enjoyed.

·
Clever Title
515 Posts
I really like the Blue Water. I'm getting used to living in a town where everything is within walking distance. I usually park across the street, in the Ben Franklin's parking lot, tho.

We've got a thread going about a Superior National Forest ride, around here. I'm thinking of a (mostly) off-pavement ride from Grand Portage to Ely, or maybe somewhere not quite that far away. You interested?

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
We've got a thread going about a Superior National Forest ride, around here. I'm thinking of a (mostly) off-pavement ride from Grand Portage to Ely, or maybe somewhere not quite that far away. You interested?
Well of course. Have to see how it'd line up with stuff, timewise, but I've got plans to rack up some miles this summer. YZ's talking about maybe doing a round Lake Michigan thing some time this summer, and I've got big ideas about a 2-3 weeker to Colorado, and MotoGP in Indi and, and, and...I'll keep an eye on how that LakeSup thing shapes up.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well of course. Have to see how it'd line up with stuff, timewise, but I've got plans to rack up some miles this summer. YZ's talking about maybe doing a round Lake Michigan thing some time this summer, and I've got big ideas about a 2-3 weeker to Colorado, and MotoGP in Indi and, and, and...I'll keep an eye on how that LakeSup thing shapes up.
I bugged my kid about the Lake Michigan ride and he dosn't seem all that thrilled with that long in the saddle so he may stay home and Ill go anyways.

And a few of us are talking about a week + ride out westward, somewhere, wherever the road leads us kinda ride.

And another fella just rattled my cage about a ride around Lake Superiour this summer....

And another fella or 2 is bugging me about running the MCCCT safari or parts of it again.

I think I need to quit my job to have enough time for all this riding :D

IF......

THIS SNOW EVER MELTS!

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
all I can think about is my Strom locked in a shed back in Michigan
Why do you lock your 'Strom in a shed? Did you lose the key? ;)

Tell me about this "snow" of which you speak? Is it similar to what you get in a "snow cone"? This concept is unclear... :confused:

BTW, 75 degrees (and windy) here in lovely Texas today... :p

1 - 20 of 50 Posts