StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... not to clumsily drop my new V2 .... like I've done a couple of times with my wee. OK, I've said it. Bring it on, ye demons of the V!

:biggrinjester:

pmk

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You just love to temp fate, don't you?

..Ton
I'm working on the anti-jinx angle. We'll see how it goes.

Very excited, however, to be riding the new V2.

Too bad I can't get my Givi bags on it for a handful of weeks....

pmk

·
Administrator
17,527 Posts
Get some crash guards for that bad boy, and go enjoy it immensely!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Now you've done it...

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Can't believe you said that out loud. :mrgreen: Nice lookin ride. :thumbup:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah mine are on front of the fork tubes. Will be looking for a replacement bolt.
I recommend checking to make sure they're tight. Mine fell off at 15 miles! Doh.

I can't believe I found it on the side of the road.

pmk

·
Registered
55 Posts
I recommend checking to make sure they're tight. Mine fell off at 15 miles! Doh.

I can't believe I found it on the side of the road.

pmk
I think they are supposed to be on the front- the setup guy may have just hand tightened in the wrong location- which looks better. Mine are snug, I know because I started to remove until I realized they hold on the fender.

The safety stickers (now gone) and the reflectors are my only 'issues'. Lol.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The safety stickers (now gone) and the reflectors are my only 'issues'. Lol.
I'm psyched there's no longer that humungous V-strom sticker on the tank -- just a small name around the gas door. It's a very sharp looking bike, IMO.

Also no need for a fenda extenda since the fender now wraps down much lower.

BTW: I think keeping the reflectors is probably a good idea.

pmk

·
Registered
471 Posts
That's sharp !! Take a day trip out to Charlmont and visit at the State campground on Sat or Sun.....We'd love to see it.........td

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm psyched there's no longer that humungous V-strom sticker on the tank -- just a small name around the gas door. It's a very sharp looking bike, IMO.

Also no need for a fenda extenda since the fender now wraps down much lower.

BTW: I think keeping the reflectors is probably a good idea.

pmk
The long fender is great. I thought that was clever of Suzuki. As for the reflectors- I will either keep 'em or swap for tape down the road. I don't want a hassle from the law. My other bikes are reflector-free and I've never had trouble but I expect the big DL will take me to new places.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The center of gravity on the V2 seems much lower that on my wee. Seems to make it much less top-heavy and more nimble cornering.

Should make it less prone to the dropsies too! :hurray:

pmk

·
Registered
818 Posts
... not to clumsily drop my new V2 .... like I've done a couple of times with my wee. OK, I've said it. Bring it on, ye demons of the V!

:biggrinjester:

pmk
I don't know...your beaky veeky is eyeing those empty bird feeders. better feed it fast so it won't keel over on ya. :biggrinjester:

great lookin' bike. that's the color they said they had up the road at the shop. I'm going to have to go for a look see.
congrats!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts