StromTrooper banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I still see the DL650 as analogous to a pickup or suv. If you buy a stock F250 it isn't a "rock climber" but it will generally get you to job sites or if you are careful, let you check your cattle or crops. I think the DL650 (with a "protection package") will go about anywhere the work truck will go and will have problems where the work truck will have problems.
yeah.
that's about the concept I had with it. I was not seeking a full on around the world type bike. but something to go out thru the fields with.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I'll take you at your word, but any Homer that has even a modicum of dirt bike experience knows better than to take a 500# motorcycle with 80/20 street/DS tires into gumbo mud, even with high fender clearance. It would have been a challenge to ride cleanly through that mess on a KLR with 50/50 tires. Put better tires on it and a high-mount fender--your tire won't get clotted with mud and gum up under the fender, but you'll still struggle. Either get a more targeted dirt bike or taper your unrealistic expectations. You have merely reinforced the universal rule: There is no magical unicorn of a motorcycle that does everything well....
you pussies really seem on front to call me a homer, dumbass, or question my intelligence when you are hiding behind your cell phones.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Did you miss Post #33 above?
working my way thru them. it was skipping a bunch... and I had to click the "view more". this sites format doesn't roll in smooth on my Android.

I am just trying to locate better components.

I am headed down to kanas with it this weekend. headed to Tuttle Creek area to roll around.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
And as I have said before, whoever at Suzuki decided to advertise it as a dual-sport should be tied to a post and shot. It’s nowhere close.

Pig
Lots of people call the SV650 a sport bike, and though I loved each of the 86,600 miles I put on mine, it's not a GSXR, CBR, or Ninja.
Like the people who say "this car rides as smooth as a Cadillac", drive a Caddy and you'll quickly change your mind.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Anybody else notice the OP registered 9 days ago made 3 posts and has not been back in 9 days?
it's because I have a real job working and doing things others won't or can't... and don't make a stupid motorcycle website my life.

IMG_E9849.JPG

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
He's making up for lost time!

I still think its interesting the OP as seasoned as he touts is still in disbelief that a fender that is 5/8" away from the tire could pack so easily with mud.

·
Administrator
16,957 Posts
OK that's enough, now that OP has shown his face again......thread has gotten ugly.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.