StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, I know - everybody who has had a Russell Day Long says it is better, and I do not doubt it - but, It's also over $200 more expensive, and I have to send them my seat so I am looking at not being able to ride for God only knows how long. And then it is, well, ugly.

The Corbin has to be a significant improvement over the OEM saddle, and it looks pretty nice as well.

Has anyone tried Baldwin Motorbike saddles? It looks like the RDL, with a better finish, and I can send them my old saddle AFTER I get my new one. About the same price as the RDL, though.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Before you buy the Corbin you need to check out Terry Adcox seats in the group buy section of this forum. I have had two of his seats and they are just like the Russell Day Long seat but much cheaper. Also, sometimes he has a base that he can make you seat first and then you send him yours after you recieve it. He is a nice guy and does great work.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Before you buy the Corbin you need to check out Terry Adcox seats in the group buy section of this forum. I have had two of his seats and they are just like the Russell Day Long seat but much cheaper. Also, sometimes he has a base that he can make you seat first and then you send him yours after you recieve it. He is a nice guy and does great work.
I will do that - thanks

·
Registered
312 Posts
I've had several corbin seats in the last 15 years on bikes other than the v-strom and one I really liked and the others not so much. If you hit it right you'll be happy but if not, they're not great to deal with if you have a problem.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Had a Corbin on my last bike. Worked for me (but, Corbins are hit /miss). For the Wee 2, I went with a Sargent Performance Plus (with no welt). Love it. Can ride all day with zero issues... Has a great underseat storage area, non-slip material (which is more moisture resistant than the Corbin leather I had previously).

My $.02

·
Registered
514 Posts
+1 Check out Terry. I've got one of his seats and it's one of the best ones I've owned.

·
Registered
327 Posts
+100 on the Terry Adcox seats. I had Terry build a seat for my 2012 this summer and I am really, really pleased. Send him the same information Russell wants (inseam, weight, etc) and tell him what you're looking for. Terry does a great job interpreting your information and building a custom seat. Very nice, quality build. Probably faster than Russell will turn your build around, too.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did some research on the Terry Adcox seats. I found a lot of rave reviews, nothing negative. Then I noticed he is only about an hour from me. I called and talked with him. To make a long story short, he is going to be building me a seat and hopefully I will get it around the middle of September.

I feel like a kid at Christmas!

:hurray::hurray::hurray:

·
Registered
181 Posts
I did some research on the Terry Adcox seats. I found a lot of rave reviews, nothing negative. Then I noticed he is only about an hour from me. I called and talked with him. To make a long story short, he is going to be building me a seat and hopefully I will get it around the middle of September.

I feel like a kid at Christmas!

:hurray::hurray::hurray:
:thumbup: you won't be disappointed! I love mine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts