StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the raising links (dog bones) that raise the bike another inch.
You can tell right from the git go when you climb aboard that it does raise the bike.
The bike is still stable as a rock on the highway at speed. I eased her up to 80.
With the gel seat on ( which is higher than the standard ) I can still stand flat footed.
I have a 32" inseam.
With the raising links installed and with the pegs in the standard position, absolutely no peg dragging.
When I decided to reinstall the lowering pegs to see where I would be with that position now, two laps on the dragon and they just tickled a few times.
Still a little unnerving.
With the raising links installed I really think that the bike is getting there in the curves.
I prefer not to lower the tripple tree, that would only put the pegs back lower to the ground.
My question is, how high has some of you gone with raising the rear and the bike being stable at speeds say 60 to 80 going down the highway.
I would like to go back to the standard seat and raise the rear some more.
Then I would know which seat to ship out and get worked on.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Im thinking of lifting the rear of my Wee.
Where did you get the raising links, also see you lowered the pegs what is this kit??????
Mike

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is your contact for the raising links ( [email protected] ).
Yes, I did install the peg lowering kit, and now the pegs only tingle a little in the steepest of curves.
I have had no replies about going higher in the rear.
Richard

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Thanks, I sent an email for info
Mike

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I dont mean to be a pain in the ass, but 2 more questions.
1 - do you feel that the rear lifted shifts or slides you more towards the tank?
2 - what peg lowering kit did you use?
I found a couple different styles on searches.
Thanks
Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts