StromTrooper banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first bought my WeeStrom, I hadn't ridden for awhile, so I asked Hubby to ride it home. BIG mistake. We picked his Versys up a few days later and now he's decided he should've got a Wee!:yesnod:

·
Registered
83 Posts
When I first bought my WeeStrom, I hadn't ridden for awhile, so I asked Hubby to ride it home. BIG mistake. We picked his Versys up a few days later and now he's decided he should've got a Wee!:yesnod:
You'd better hide you strom keys then....:thumbup::thumbup:

I considered the versys also, but just like the feel of the strom better.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
There's a bloke in another post who is happy to trade a Vee [I know it's not a Wee, and frankly, I'd hang out for a Wee :oops: no pun intended] for a Versys.

Post number 18 in this link.

http://www.stromtrooper.com/dl650-specific-wee-strom/64992-trade-my-v-strom-versys-2.html

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have ridden the Versys but not the Wee.

What are the factors that you all prefer about the Wee over the Versys?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have ridden the Versys but not the Wee.

What are the factors that you all prefer about the Wee over the Versys?
I owned a '09 Wee that unfortunately was involved in an accident and totaled by the insurance company and I am currently riding a '08 Versys so I have experience with both bikes.

The Wee feels slightly heavier and slower handling compared to the Versys but I have lowered the Versys and this made the handling feel slightly sharper.
I had installed a fork brace on the Wee which gave the front end a much better feel. It felt more planted.

The Wee engine feels like it has more touque than the Versys. The Versys motor is more of a rever.

The Wee feels like there is more seating room for me. The Versys is more compact. The Wee is a better tour/sport tour bike because of the ergos.

Stock braking performance feels about the same for both bikes but adding a front brake upgrade to the Wee was a huge improvement over the stock brakes. I plan to upgrade the front brakes on the Versys when the caliper brakets become availavble (SV Racing?).

I never had either bike off road so can't make any comparisons.

I enjoy(ed) riding both bikes. The key is which bike fills your needs/wants/expectations/budget and fits you ergo wise.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
I think he will opt for the wee, just wish he didn't want a K7 like mine, :bom_rolleyes2:
Hope to join other Strom riders in March 2012 in NSW
My wife got bit by the weebug, she admits it rides better than her Versys as well. Now we are looking for an '08 like mine, or a yellow - or red is nice. Until then she will ask to ride mine once in a while.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Suzukigirl, hide the keys form now on,
Did you paint your headlights or is that something else blacking out the top corners?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Suzukigirl, hide the keys form now on,
Did you paint your headlights or is that something else blacking out the top corners?
The guy I bought it from had made these, I'm pretty sure that they ar just black contact, but the effect is good.
Hubby just told me he was going to take my bike for a quick spin today (had a sickie) but thought better of it!!:yesnod:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update!!

Well while looking at bikepoint.com, I came across a guy who was willing to swap his V-Strom for my hubbys Versys.
If the deal goes through okay, I will post some pics of our two Stroms :hurray:
Then hopefully we will be able to make it to the gathering in March next year :thumbup:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update

Well I'm happy yo report that I will not have to hide the keys to my Strom! :yesnod: A great guy in Adelaide (South Aust.) is swapping his Wee for the Versys. :thumbup: He wanted something that was a bit more nimble as a commuter ride. Hubby is over the moon.
Will post pics as soon as we pick up the bike.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Well I'm happy yo report that I will not have to hide the keys to my Strom! :yesnod: A great guy in Adelaide (South Aust.) is swapping his Wee for the Versys. :thumbup: He wanted something that was a bit more nimble as a commuter ride. Hubby is over the moon.
:hurray::hurray::hurray:Looking forward to the pics!!

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
So are you both going to do a ride to Adelaide to deliver/pick up the bikes?

Blast across through Ballarat and go the "short" way to get there.
Come home via the GOR and enjoy the return journey.
I did a loop from Sydney to Adelaide and back to PI and Melbourne with my cousin in 09, me on my new Wee and him on his new Harley Super Glide.

Great trip, he lives in Melbourne, I did the Melbourne-Sydney leg alone coming back around the coast, :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Paint yours pink and purple. Problem solved.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So are you both going to do a ride to Adelaide to deliver/pick up the bikes?

Blast across through Ballarat and go the "short" way to get there.
Come home via the GOR and enjoy the return journey.
I did a loop from Sydney to Adelaide and back to PI and Melbourne with my cousin in 09, me on my new Wee and him on his new Harley Super Glide.

Great trip, he lives in Melbourne, I did the Melbourne-Sydney leg alone coming back around the coast, :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
We live in Maryborough, so we will head out through Avoca. Wish we were riding, but will be taking the 14 year old with us, so trailer will be used. We will be taking our gear though so if we feel like a ride we can!!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Paint yours pink and purple. Problem solved.
Eeeew, I love my Candy Apple Red bike and hate the pink gear available for female riders. Girlrider have some great gear for the ladies though and I love my T-shirt I got at the Bendigo Motorcycle Expo earlier this year.
His bike will be black, so no problem.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
New Update

Well while looking at bikepoint.com, I came across a guy who was willing to swap his V-Strom for my hubbys Versys.
If the deal goes through okay, I will post some pics of our two Stroms :hurray:
Then hopefully we will be able to make it to the gathering in March next year :thumbup:
Well sometimes things just go to sh#t :furious: The guy in SA was unable to go through with the swap, so Hubbys Versys in now on the market. Sad really as we were really looking forward to a trip to Adelaide too :frown:

Will post some pics when we finally get his Strom! :mod_biggrin:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts