StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put the bike away for the winter.
Rode the first week in Jan. 30 kms only but enough to bring in the new year.
I put stabilizer in the tank, was about to do the oil but decided that Ill run er up every 2 weeks.
In the Ottawa region, its crappy now but only 2 months to go +-..
So ill be reading lots O' bike mags, books, and dvd's (thanks to Paris/Dakar and one Charlie Boorman.)

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
I was riding on Jan 5th and the 7th. I've put it away again given that the snow is back and it's cold out. It has to be +4 before I'll venture out. I'm not brave enough to deal with ice and I like my fingers non-frozen <g>

I got the Race to Dakar DVD as well as the Long Way Round DVD. The latter has caused me no end of grief as two different orders have had a defectived DVD and I've yet to see episodes 3 & 4 of that one. Waiting ever so patiently for a replacement.

I'm also reading the Long Way Round and watching the Dakar Rally on OLN.

oh.. and praying for spring...

Sue

·
Curmudgeon wanna-be
386 Posts
I'm also reading the Long Way Round and watching the Dakar Rally on OLN.
Unfortunately, I only caught one episode of the Dakar rally.

I really enjoyed the book "Long Way Round" - it expanded on some of the things in the video that left me scratching my head... Plus, it was really neat to hear two sides of any particular incident.

My last time out on the bike was January 7th, but I have hopes. (Plus the Vancouver Motorcycle show is next weekend, so I have something to look forward to!)

- BCB.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
BC-Bruce..............Blackdeath and I will be going to the bike show on the weekend. Don't know which day yet but I will wear a Blue Stromtroopers T-shirt.

·
Curmudgeon wanna-be
386 Posts
BC-Bruce..............Blackdeath and I will be going to the bike show on the weekend. Don't know which day yet but I will wear a Blue Stromtroopers T-shirt.
I'lll be going Friday Morning - I want to beat the weekend rush.

(My Stromtrooper shirt is on the way - red, like the bike, but it's not here yet.)

One of these weekends I hope to head up your way - the Howe Sound Brew Pub has an excellent lunch menu, IIRC.

What's the weather like in Squamish at the moment - much snow?

- BCB.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
What is the weather like?? Really white and getting deeper all the time. 4 or 5 inches in the last 12 hours and no sign of a let up. Been told this is the whitest and longest winter here in 20 years. Could build a whole army of snowmen real easy.

·
Curmudgeon wanna-be
386 Posts
What is the weather like?? Really white and getting deeper all the time. 4 or 5 inches in the last 12 hours and no sign of a let up. Been told this is the whitest and longest winter here in 20 years.
We certainly have gotten more snowstorms this year than I can ever remember.

The worst part is, even if the roads are clear you have to wait for the rain to wash the salt off the roads before taking the bike out...

Could build a whole army of snowmen real easy.
:grin: Do I feel a Calvin & Hobbes moment coming on???

- BCB

·
Curmudgeon wanna-be
386 Posts
It looks like my Friday plans just got changed on me :confused:, so it'll probably be the Saturday now. Still shooting for morning, though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts