Strom Trooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been on some solo rides and wore out a tire:

Don gave me a premium tire change so I promised him that on the next group ride his lunch was on me.

Here is a route I have in mind:
http://mapq.st/13N41uM
With lunch in Westport, The actual start/stop points can be decided by Don the map just shows 300 miles from Tacoma to Eatonville.

Don, I have to work Sunday the 11th and get a cortisone shot in my shoulder on Monday the 12th other than that I am on vacation through the 24th. Since you are the intended guest of honor the actual date needs to be one you can make so I am bowing to you to choose the date, start time and any changes you would like to make to the route (including an entirely different route if you don't like this one).

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
So I was going to change the stock rear at 12,000, but now realize I have another 5,000 according to your wear pattern, Ron. :green_lol:

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I was going to change the stock rear at 12,000, but now realize I have another 5,000 according to your wear pattern, Ron. :green_lol:
This was a lesson in tire pressure, that tire only made it 11,400 miles because I did not catch a low pressure condition until it was too late. Same story with the rear tire but it seems to be more forgiving, found it only had 20psi but it might have another 2k in it.

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
Ron, the route looks fine and maybe some time later. I'm busy taking care of a few things Tues.-Wed. and then Thurs. I'll be Leaving on an 80 mile hike up in the N. Cascasdes until the 24th. Maybe something after that.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ron, the route looks fine and maybe some time later. I'm busy taking care of a few things Tues.-Wed. and then Thurs. I'll be Leaving on an 80 mile hike up in the N. Cascasdes until the 24th. Maybe something after that.
I've had a couple of schedule intrusions on my vacation time since I posted this so after the 24th might be easier. Let us (me an anyone else who care to join) know.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Going on the Ptarmigan Traverse? I hope you have good weather and no biting flies.

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
Going on the Ptarmigan Traverse? I hope you have good weather and no biting flies.
Starting at Rainy Pass and going N. into Canada on the PCT with a side trip or 2.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts