StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The snow finally melted and i got almost 1000km on my V with no problems other than both indicator lights coming loose. Did the first oil change at about 800km - still looked new and no filings. i was paranoid at changing the oil early - i had a 08 KLR 650 which gave me endless oil problems.

Anyway, back to the V. When i started it up this morning it was rather cold (+3C) i noticed that the one exhaust was causing "vapour" or whatever you call what comes out of the exhaust on a cold morning. the other exhaust dit not show any - it is not white smoke. do i need a throttle body sync? the bike performs well on the highway and refuses to go slow, but i don't know what else could be causing this

i need the wisdom of the stromtroopers!!!

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
That's normal behavior for a DL1000 in cold conditions.

·
Until we meet again
5,436 Posts
Glad to hear it's not just me wondering about that. I was playing with it just yesterday. The left pipe is burning all the condensation and the right is clear. Plus I notice that the air exiting the left pipe is significantly warmer than the right. In fact the right seemed to warm very little in during the 3 minutes I had the bike running. The right is a longer tube, so I guess that's having some impact. The bike is running great and has all the normal grunt, so I'm not concerned that I'm running on one cylinder. I just thought it was interesting to see the significant temp difference.

·
No longer riding.
1,520 Posts
Totally normal. You are right, the pipe length and configuration causes this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts