StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to buy Givi hard bags for my Vee. I am having a hard time deciding which set-up to go with. I have though about using the PLX V35 bags but the only photos I can find look like they are very wide. I have also thought about going with the E21 bags and a trunk. If you all could post photos of your set-up along with what they are it would help me make my decision. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I am going to buy Givi hard bags for my Vee. I am having a hard time deciding which set-up to go with. I have though about using the PLX V35 bags but the only photos I can find look like they are very wide. I have also thought about going with the E21 bags and a trunk. If you all could post photos of your set-up along with what they are it would help me make my decision. Thanks for your help.
http://www.stromtrooper.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3264

This is a good start.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I am getting ready to install the V46 top and E21 sides. They are currently in the hands of FedX. I keep checking the tracking number even though they aren't supposed to get here until Thursday.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm using the PLX 35's

Sorry, no photo, I'm at work. Best option AFAIK, as they do save some width. Will post later.

Secondly, I'll be modding some throw over soft luggage to go on the racks so I can take them bush. Don't want to damage the Givi's by dropping the bike on them.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
E450 Simply top case by GIVI and E21N side cases. Total of 87 liters storage space.

I liked the E21's for the fact they open from the top rather than off to the side for your stuff to fall out.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Quick question - How's the leg room for a passenger with the E21's? I have been kind of curious about that since mine are already inbound.
You know.................I have no idea since I ride as a loner????? I hate passengers, they cut into my ability to take a curve with cat like quickness!:mrgreen:

By looks it looks like there would be enough room. IN fact...........let me go to my garage and see just how much by me sitting on the passenger area...............give me a second.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Answer to above question................

Quite a bit of room. I have never sat on the passenger area and was amazed by how high up you feel sitting there.

I will make one suggestion.............if you have the top case get the optional backrest for the top case. That would make the passenger happy.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
E450 Simply top case by GIVI and E21N side cases. Total of 87 liters storage space.

I liked the E21's for the fact they open from the top rather than off to the side for your stuff to fall out.

I like my E21's too:mrgreen:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Answer to above question................

Quite a bit of room. I have never sat on the passenger area and was amazed by how high up you feel sitting there.

I will make one suggestion.............if you have the top case get the optional backrest for the top case. That would make the passenger happy.
I ordered that plus the brake light kit to make the 46 look like a Goldwing. Well, not quite. I am actually looking forward to my first set of "old man luggage". I like to carry a bunch of extra stuff. Like rain cover, waterproofs, pant and jacket liners, first aid, tools all that crap. It's nice to be able to lock it up. Thanks for testing that out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts