StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My old 06 Wee was just fine(bad back on morphine) bought a 07 strom 1000 and I can't get rite:furious: on it, Is seating and handle bars big diff. from the wee ???? My Wee is 300 miles away at my daughter house I can't compare side by side, I'm going to keep it but I need Farkles ,I mean everything !! Any one know where I can find anything, please give me a shout.

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
...My Wee is 300 miles away...
A nice day-ride.

...I'm going to keep it but I need Farkles ,I mean everything !! Any one know where I can find anything, please give me a shout.
I heard of this new fangled thing...THE INTERNET, that's it...I heard that, with the smallest amount of effort, you can find almost anything. Sounds like you should look into it.

My old 06 Wee was just fine(bad back on morphine) ...

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
The Vee seat is slightly higher, although the bases are the same so the seats interchange easily.

Not sure about the rest of the ergos, but I think they're much the same otherwise.

·
Administrator
17,232 Posts
Heavy!!!!!!!! :var_14:

·
Registered
1,337 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
i'm confused. the specs on the two bikes are very close, wheel base, height, etc. the weight difference is around 30lbs, and the seat is about one inch higher. i own a 1k and have ridden my friends 650. they do feel a little different, but i'm confused as to why you would love one and hate the other, when they are so close to being the same bike... to me the 1k feels more stable in turns and accelerates much quicker, and runs down the highway 1500/2k lower rpm. just wondering.....tomp

·
Registered
63 Posts
Not completely sure what you mean by such a big difference. I took both for a ride, within days of each other, before I started looking. The V was an 09 and was pretty much stock except for crash bars and bags. The Wee had crash bars, bags, Givi shield, madstad bracket, and a couple of lights(didnt change anything). The one thing I did notice was the V was a little heavier, but not much. Other than that, they seemed to ride the same.

·
Registered
155 Posts
vee

i just made the switch from the vee to the wee 30 40 lbs dont sound like much but i noticed it instantly the wee just felt better for some reason. but my vee had the stock 650 seat the riding position felt pretty much the same. seem to pass a few more gas stations also

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Here, let me help you love your Vee.

On the right hand side of the handlebars there's a twisty thing called a throttle.

Give it a good whack when you're in motion.

There...notice something? That's 350 more grins for ya.

·
Until we meet again
5,436 Posts
Give it a good whack when you're in motion.
Excellent advice, but just to clarify a little, when he says "whack" he means to rotate that twisty thing so the top of it moves towards your body. Practice this a few times with the bike turned off just to get the hang of it. Then try it when the bike is running at about 4500 RPM rotate it very fast and make sure you're holding on tight. This causes a reaction very different from the 650.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for your input Guys

Took her for another ride yesterday, wee cruises at 70, vee cruises at 90, Yes I understand that part, I don't ride two up, I'm in denial my wife say, I'm 57 years young but my Doc says my back is 80 years old, I won't admit it, If I rode her 300 miles to my daughter's house, I wouldn't be able get off her, I was talking used frakles, the woman has cut back on my weekly allowance, Like I said I'm in denial, my next posting will be putting up :furious:For Sale(the bike,not wife:argue:)

·
Until we meet again
5,436 Posts
If you want used stuff the best place to look is in the For Sale section here on Trooper. Also check For Sale area on advrider.com. You can also sometimes find stuff on ebay, but that's really hit or miss.

Isn't a Strom (either one) really hard on a bad back? Seems like a lighter bike would be more comfortable than a top heavy bike.

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
try

Try twistedthrottle.com along with the others above.
Never rode a wee = I too have a bumb back. I've got a Russell seat, raised the bars, and got some lowering links, along with lots of other things. Can name them and vendors if you wish to sent me a P/M. I'm fairly sure you can change the rear shock.
If you're looking for something special, put out a post, this bunch are great and know where everything can be found. One or two "wise guys" but they mean no harm.
Good luck

·
Administrator
13,685 Posts
Took her for another ride yesterday, wee cruises at 70, vee cruises at 90, Yes I understand that part, I don't ride two up, I'm in denial my wife say, I'm 57 years young but my Doc says my back is 80 years old, I won't admit it, If I rode her 300 miles to my daughter's house, I wouldn't be able get off her, I was talking used frakles, the woman has cut back on my weekly allowance, Like I said I'm in denial, my next posting will be putting up :furious:For Sale(the bike,not wife:argue:)
I'd get rid of the wife first! (I did!)

..Tom

·
Administrator
13,685 Posts
...Isn't a Strom (either one) really hard on a bad back? Seems like a lighter bike would be more comfortable than a top heavy bike.
It shouldn't make any difference when in motion. The Ergo's are the same, at least they would be if the seat was swapped. There is no more back effort riding one or the other (unless a lot of hanging off the seat is involved and for some reason I suspect that isn't applicable here.)

..Tom

1 - 20 of 70 Posts