StromTrooper banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife told me about a "motorcycle road" that she had driven and this weekend, I got to drive it wishing that I was on the bike. It had 49 curves in 8.8 miles making it fairly interesting. 49/8.8 = 5.56 CPM which I think we should use as a road rating factor. I'm glad that I have got my wife "trained" to watch for roads like this. Plenty of curves for interesting riding and decent enough surface for street riding since I don't do dirt.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found that once you get your wife riding her own bike, she starts watching for good routes without any further prompting.
I don't think that she is a candidate for riding a 2 wheeler but we do have a trike and I plan on being her instructor for it.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
My wife told me about a "motorcycle road" that she had driven and this weekend, I got to drive it wishing that I was on the bike. It had 49 curves in 8.8 miles making it fairly interesting. 49/8.8 = 5.56 CPM which I think we should use as a road rating factor. I'm glad that I have got my wife "trained" to watch for roads like this. Plenty of curves for interesting riding and decent enough surface for street riding since I don't do dirt.

So where is it?..
Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought one of those maps and it lives in my tankbag. Nice map and I like the way they use different colors on each road to evaluate them. We've got a vacation place out east of Bandera.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
If you ever get an opportunity to ride WV, Eastern TN, Western NC, Northern GA or Eastern KY you can ride tight technical mountain twisties until you puke.

Stuff like the mythical Tail of The Dragon only better with 99% fewer vehicles. There is no CPM rating in this territory as most people cannot count that fast or that high.

Also super nice people and lots of natural beauty. Win, win, win!

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
SSSSHHHH!!! Let's just keep this as our little secret, mkay?

Dammit I meant to say do not come to these places to ride. Roads are terrible with too many curves and elevation changes and the folks are mean as snakes. STAY AWAY!

Go to Kansas or Nebraska if you want good roads!

There that should throw them of the sent trail.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I hear southern full Florida is full of fun motorcycle roads. Harley riders take note.
Yes, we have all the best roads in down here in FL. The roads for the best rides are the ones where you have to constantly swerve to avoid the blue hair old ladies or distracted drives who are all......completely unpredictable. It must be boring for you guys that have roads where the curves are always in the same place. It's an all new curve layout every day on the commute to and from work.

As for the HD ADV bike, if it is anything like the Buell Ulysses it will be a winner....and might, just might, get me to buy my first Harley ever in 30+ years of riding.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts