Strom Trooper banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm convinced Suzuki doesn't really give a rats arse what we have to say.
If they did they would have fixed the windshield years ago, maybe fixed the clutch chuttle and probably put a lot of guys that have made cottage industries out of fixing problems Suzuki ignores out of business.

They are still a good value and with a couple hundred dollars you can sort it all out. But realistically - "Feedback to Suzuki" - it isn't happening.

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
You think that's bad

How about Kawasaki's KLR650 then?

25 years and the still haven't fixed the "doohickey" issue [balancer chain]. :confused:

The windshield issue is often solved by changing helmets [I have three, one cops buffeting a lot- one a little and one not at all].

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Why the hell would they? Notwithstanding the airflow problems we keep buying them.

It's an incredibly popular motorcycle - good value - versatile - funky, if weird looks - Japanese build quality - worldwide appeal - and not more than ten minutes in a wind tunnel with a midget on the seat...

·
Registered
23 Posts
The Wee-Strom is a great bike, but a few cheap easy fixes could make it so much better. The seat and the windshield would be a good start. Hopefully the 2012 will have done this.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Suzuki can't build seats, Husky & KTM can't build kickstands. There'll always be little things but I sometimes think "we have people living in space for months at a time"....but I guess they have a better R&D budget and no profit margin needed.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Oh yeah...

Suzuki can't build seats, Husky & KTM can't build kickstands. There'll always be little things but I sometimes think "we have people living in space for months at a time"....but I guess they have a better R&D budget and no profit margin needed.
A former Astronaut was once asked in an interview what he thought about while waiting for launch time perched in the capsule atop a Saturn V and his reply was that everything under his ass was made by the lowest bidder.:green_lol:

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Factory windscreen werkz fer me.
Me too, with a bit of adjustment, which it has lots of room for.
Seat... Not a problem....
Best bang for your buck in the industry I think...

You know yamaha has had motorcycles that require you to remove exhaust pipes to change the oil filter since the Virago in the 80's

there is an issue IMHO....

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
You know yamaha has had motorcycles that require you to remove exhaust pipes to change the oil filter since the Virago in the 80's
I know people who change their pipes more often than they change the oil.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I guess my only gripe (or something to get accustomed to) so far is the disassembly and reassembly of the plastics and parts for maintenance. I suspect the more often I do this the quicker and easier it will go but so far it's a lot of removal process.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
Figure you need to take the tank off to do a valve check at the same time you need to service the air filter. It's a good time to do plugs and coolant too.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Don't know about anyone else, but my air filter needs attention a lot more than my valves, plugs or coolant.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The only real problem I see and can't do a da** thing about is the location of the air filter. Why in the world would Suzuki hide it way up under the tank like that? A real pain in the rear to get to.
Just so you know, honda does the same thing. The last two bikes I owned the air filter was way under the tank. Just the same as the DL650 appears to be.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
The Wee-Strom is a great bike, but a few cheap easy fixes could make it so much better. The seat and the windshield would be a good start. Hopefully the 2012 will have done this.
Uh, sorry, but the seat on my 2012 Wee Adv is not as comfortable as the one I had on my 2006 Wee. I will be looking into a Sergeant seat in the near future. :thumbdown:
As for the winshield, the Wee Adv has a pretty good set-up, kinda like a laminar lip that redirects the wind. :yesnod:

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
Seats are subject to very personal opinions. I like the Glee seat much better than the Wee seat, about the same as a Vee seat like I had on my old Wee for short trips. It's still not good enough. I liked the Sargent on the Wee and had a custom seat from Sargent on the Glee but it was worse than the stock Glee seat. I'm having a Russell built right now.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts