StromTrooper banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
but get rid of those stupid mirrors!

I bought a pair of imitation Aprilia Tuono mirrors off of E-bay for only $5.00, $14.00 with shipping, and put them on yesterday. Obviously, I had too take a test ride to see what they were like. They're too small, but, and it's a great big but............

The buffeting and turbulence in the area in front of me, my torso, and face, is complety, totally gone! I'm running a madstad bracket, and while it helped a lot, while I was riding I could always feel buffeting when I either leaned forward or put my hand up into the area between me and the instruments. It's gone!

GONE, I tell you, GONE!

So, in conclusion, I recommend that you get rid of those stupid, but effective, boxes Suzuki calls mirrors, and get some Aprilia Tuono mirrors, I'll have a pair very soon, the $15.00 I invested in the knock off cheapo ones was well spent, Imho>

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
photo of the mirro setup, please

photo of the mirro setup, please

·
Registered
51 Posts
Strong advice...

…but being a new big-bike rider, I just can't get past the effectiveness of the stockers. As an aside, I hear the mirror extenders make a big difference.

Cheers, -Kevin

P.S. +1 of the avatar...:punk:

·
Banned
158 Posts
I'm waiting on a set of Tuono's that I ordered to arrive at the Aprilia dealer down the road. They were astonished at the low price and thought there might be a mistake. No mistake though, got'm for 28 bucks for the pair.:thumbup:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hard to believe

It is hard to believe that mirrors could cause or cure that kind of buffeting, but I know that wind turbulence is effected by so many different variables. Will try the extenders first.

·
Registered
302 Posts
…but being a new big-bike rider, I just can't get past the effectiveness of the stockers. As an aside, I hear the mirror extenders make a big difference.
Stock mirrors + mirror extenders made all the difference for me. No buffeting, and I still get great visibility from the huge mirrors.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Try switching you mirrors side to side and turning them up on end. Still great visiability and costs $0 to do. It is quite amazing how much noise the stock mirrors in the stock location create. Too first prove this was the cause I toally removed my right mirror and drove the bike. This difference in noise from ear to ear is dramatic. Try it you'll be supprised.:thumbup:
My simple $0 mod took care of about 90% of the noise.

·
Registered
15,911 Posts
The other bike in the Garage is an 800ST BMW, the mirrors on it are really useless, like a Duc. I thought the stock Wee mirrors were brilliant. Ignorance is bliss.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts