StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and don't want to offend the veterans. But can we come up with a nickname other than Glee? I mean, it's white, not pink. :mrgreen:

·
Administrator
17,103 Posts
I will never say the "G" word, it is just too goofy sounding. I like to call it the Wee2, it goes well with the new Vee2. ;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think I agree too. Wee vs. Vee makes some sense but I don't understand where Glee came from. Wee2 at least sounds like the 2nd version of the Wee.

Is there a nickname for the new 1000? Like Vee2, the 2nd version of the Vee?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Im in anything but Glee

I like the new guy.

What took you so long to get here.

·
Registered
265 Posts
WEE 2... One more. :hurray:

·
Banned
1,121 Posts
and don't want to offend the veterans. But can we come up with a nickname other than Glee? I mean, it's white, not pink. :mrgreen:
I like you already :thumbup:

Don't worry, you won't offend most of us. There are many here that don't want any association with that word, not only is it silly, it just doesn't make sense. :headbang:

It's no harder to type WEE2/WEEII than it is GLEE :yesnod:

If you want to help get rid of the usage of this word, add this line to your signature:

Model nicknames that make more sense: 02-12 DL1000 - VEE | 2014+ 1000 ABS - VEE II | 04-11 DL650 - WEE | 2012+ 650 ABS - WEE II

Only by working together can we rid the world of this detestable name :yesnod:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I also FWIW think it's a pretty silly name - but, hey, what do I know.

Just getting ready for a ride-out on my Wee 11 :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
you guys are asking for trouble. The almighty thread locker, the greatest censor of all time, the man who controls all things Strom created that name! if you don't like Glee...stand by.. :yikes:

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
You can call it Marvin if you like. I'm pretty sure that this sort of stuff that gets decided on an internet forum isn't like a binding resolution.

·
Registered
271 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
This comes up a lot... and every time it does, my brain gets punched:

Grown men who ride motorcycles care about what their bike's nickname is on an internet forum - and they PREFER to describe their ride as (some incarnation of) "Wee."

Srsly, "Glee" is too girly for you, but you embrace "Wee"? I want to understand that.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts