StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this thing is so sweet on the road... and on the slab i cant keep it under 75-80 indicated (is that 65-70 for real?)... it is sooo sweet.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
82 indicated is a real 75.

·
Registered
267 Posts
this thing is so sweet on the road... and on the slab i cant keep it under 75-80 indicated (is that 65-70 for real?)... it is sooo sweet.
Most of the Wee's are off about 5mph at 75. IE indicated 75 is 70 on a GPS. At slower speeds and around town they won't be off more than 8% or 35 indicated will be around 33mph on a GPS. So to answer your question no I don't think you are running that s-l-o-w at a indicated 80mph don't count on it you will get a ticket maybe even at a indicated 75mph depending on the officer

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm currently in the middle of my < 500 mile break in (has about 250 on the odometer after this mornings chilly little jaunt). the bike definitely wants to go faster than the 50-55 I'm holding her to. I'm trying to follow the break in procedures as best I can, but she sure's making it hard on me! looking forward to the first oil change and getting to open her up a bit. loving this bike!

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm currently in the middle of my < 500 mile break in (has about 250 on the odometer after this mornings chilly little jaunt). the bike definitely wants to go faster than the 50-55 I'm holding her to. I'm trying to follow the break in procedures as best I can, but she sure's making it hard on me! looking forward to the first oil change and getting to open her up a bit. loving this bike!
IMHO you are safe at running it 70mph on the speedometer as long as you don't just hold it there mile after mile. Let it run a little and enjoy it is a frisky colt for sure :mrgreen:

·
Registered
15,401 Posts
I had the occasion to follow a friend from San Diego to Yuma Az for a sidecar rally. Keeping the rpm below 5500 gave me 54 mpg. I tried to do that coming home and averaged 51 on the way home.
It can be done but it is a bit boring. I just stay in the right lane and pass trucks slowly.
Cops never give you a glance when you are going slow. Had one CHP cruiser pass me over the double yellow in a corner. I was going to give chase and do a citizens arrest but thought better of it.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I'm thinking it might not quite be like my GS. (closed course professional rider) By the way its for sale.
Obviously.

That's what Legal told me to say, too.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I had the occasion to follow a friend from San Diego to Yuma Az for a sidecar rally. Keeping the rpm below 5500 gave me 54 mpg.
I did 75 mpg in fourth gear and got 35.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I had the occasion to follow a friend from San Diego to Yuma Az for a sidecar rally. Keeping the rpm below 5500 gave me 54 mpg. I tried to do that coming home and averaged 51 on the way home.
It can be done but it is a bit boring. I just stay in the right lane and pass trucks slowly.
Cops never give you a glance when you are going slow. Had one CHP cruiser pass me over the double yellow in a corner. I was going to give chase and do a citizens arrest but thought better of it.
YAWWWWWNNNNN!!! Jeez, a bit boring, you think??? I almost fell asleep from your story of slowness!

·
Registered
15,401 Posts
YAWWWWWNNNNN!!! Jeez, a bit boring, you think??? I almost fell asleep from your story of slowness! :green_lol: :biggrinjester:

Patience, Grasshopper, some day your entertainment will come from strange places too.:yikes:
"Now we know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts