StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The riding season, for me, is over. :crying2:
But the V2 has been a deelight and I itch for the spring.
Where to next year? North? East? South? A little west for sure.
Time will tell.

·
Registered
275 Posts
+8 deg C in Thunder Bay today.... Might have to break out the bike one more time :)

Reactions: tenny80

·
Registered
502 Posts
Simple, buy a second home in San Diego that comes with a V2.

·
Registered
97 Posts
+8 deg C in Thunder Bay today.... Might have to break out the bike one more time :)
Hit 6 in Winnipeg today can't believe it! I almost went for a ride

·
Registered
106 Posts
It's "Ragret"!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Nice out

It's nice here too, but have the bike apart for maintenance
Bummer,
and winter is around the corner

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
Time will tell.
I used to be that way, jonesin for 45°-50° winter days, I gradually equip myself and bike for colder temps, then for less than ideal conditions, now I find it more enjoyable to ride in the more severe conditions,

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Damn you Aussies and Kiwis!
It's actually a hair above freezing today. It's the snow that's stopping me. And my sledding days are over.

·
Registered
729 Posts
It is 59 here in Eastern Massachusetts. Took a quick ride before work today (2nd shift job) and it was wonderful.
I'm putting off the winter maintenance until the snow flies. ;)

·
Registered
189 Posts
I must admit, in this sense we are pretty lucky in Australia. It doesn't snow in the winter except if you really look for it :)

Gets cold though but we can ride pretty much all year round.

·
Premium Member
5,249 Posts
Just marginal here in S Ontario at 5-6c and a very narrow riding window due to ice fog but I'll take any December day I can get in a couple hundred k as a bonus.
Visor fogging is the worst aspect - rest is taken care of with gear and heated grips.

Thankyou El Nino :D

·
Registered
528 Posts
It is 59 here in Eastern Massachusetts. Took a quick ride before work today (2nd shift job) and it was wonderful.
I'm putting off the winter maintenance until the snow flies. ;)
Eastern MA here as well. Went riding up north yesterday (sunday) but as dusk approached the temp started to plummet. I was tooling along some back country road on my may home when all of sudden the bike started to fish-tail and almost went into a tank slapper. Miraculously, i was able to stay upright. What happened was dew was starting to settle on some stretches of roadway, which you could see by some damp looking sections of road. And then it started to freeze. Temp indicator on the bike said 36F, so i was not worried. Well, now i why that warning light starts to alert at 38F. Lesson learned.

·
Premium Member
3,405 Posts
Temp this morning -2 C
Fired up and rode in.
Should hit close to 5 later. Balmy, or I've gone Bodmin.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Julles. Used to live in Victoria BC and rode all year round. A lot of cold and wet. Even had a New Year's Day meet in a local mountain top (usually fighting thru some snow).
Macdoc. Your yearly air fares must be killer.:surprise:
Mcrag. You have just experienced black ice. Last year I was determined to ride the TDub thru Dec. Fat tires and all I thought That thing could handle it. Then, BAM. Down, just like that. Parked it with a very sore shoulder.:frown2:

·
Registered
729 Posts
Eastern MA here as well. Went riding up north yesterday (sunday) but as dusk approached the temp started to plummet. I was tooling along some back country road on my may home when all of sudden the bike started to fish-tail and almost went into a tank slapper. Miraculously, i was able to stay upright. What happened was dew was starting to settle on some stretches of roadway, which you could see by some damp looking sections of road. And then it started to freeze. Temp indicator on the bike said 36F, so i was not worried. Well, now i why that warning light starts to alert at 38F. Lesson learned.
Wow, that doesn't sound like much fun. Thanks for the reminder about 'black ice' at this time of year, it's much worse on 2 wheels.

·
Registered
178 Posts
dang Aussies. I have heard of the variations in your weather:
Hot, Really Hot and Melting your Brain Hot.

Reactions: Lrobby99

·
Registered
197 Posts
Time will tell.
You already live in biking heaven! Have you ridden the Coquihalla Hwy, Rt. 5 from Hope to Merritt? Its supposed to be a great mountain road.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts