StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped by a dealer today to get a feel for how much off MSRP I could get a bike... he seemed pretty disinterested, said "oh, I think the price is like $7300, you probably know better than I do" but said they were backordered.. seemed to either want a deposit, or for me to check back in a month or so (sounds like Suzuki's committed to trying to make enough bikes this year so as to not be backordered all year).

Interesting. So much for bargaining if I want a new one, and I wish he had given me more of a feel for what they'll actually sell for...

·
Registered
33 Posts
What I was told late last fall (by a reputable high-volume dealer) was that Suzuki was distributing a very small number of 2011 V-Stroms (like 1, maybe 2) for delivery prior to their "Spring ordering period". Once spring ordering was opened up (in Feb/March I think?), it would be easier to get one. So perhaps that's what your dealer meant, or perhaps he's just jerking your chain... it's always so hard to tell!

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What I was told late last fall (by a reputable high-volume dealer) was that Suzuki was distributing a very small number of 2011 V-Stroms (like 1, maybe 2) for delivery prior to their "Spring ordering period". Once spring ordering was opened up (in Feb/March I think?), it would be easier to get one. So perhaps that's what your dealer meant, or perhaps he's just jerking your chain... it's always so hard to tell!
Ah. Having never bought a new vehicle before, and given the fairly decent winter weather here, I wasn't really thinking in terms of riding season and such. That makes a lot of sense. I don't need a bike for awhile anyway, so I'll be able to hold tight. thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I've bought two Vstroms, paid list price both times. No regrets.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found 8 pages of them on CycleTrader:

Suzuki Motorcycles
Ooooh, verrry interesting to see that they can be had for well under MSRP. I had checked CycleTrader for used, but not new yet (since I'm still hoping to find a used one).

Lots of people want damn near $7k for ultra-low miles 2009s with not many farkles on 'em. I should be able to get a lightly used one for closer to 5; if not, it may well be worth buying new. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Don't forget, buying a bike from a remote dealer can be the way to go. We used to ship Harleys anywhere in the US for $400 for east of the Missippi, and $600 west. So if you can make good a deal via phone or internet, take it. You know what you're getting and the warranty is good at any Suzuki dealer.

If you don't like your local dealer or he's feeding you BS, it's the best way to go. Maybe he's on credit hold with Suzuki and can't get you a bike!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts