StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
LOL. I'm sure that the title is pretty cliche around here, but I think it's clever.

I'm the lucky guy who purchased cyclist63's 650 over the weekend. I'm very pleased with it, and looking forward to getting more familiar with the bike.

My other ride is a 04 Honda ST1300 with 125,000 on the odo. I decided to get the wee to use as my commuter and around town bike; and save the ST for longer rides and touring. Other than occasionally needing to use the pick up for something big, other than at work, I hardly drive.

I'm also active over at st-owners.com for those who are also bi-forum.

Boy, now I need to work on getting those 20 posts so I can post in the market. I totally understand the prohibition against joining just to sell something, but GOOD GRIEF, I wish I could post a question about something I might want to buy .... or post an ad for a needed item, like a kickstand that I need (cyclist63 is a shorter guy, so he trimmed his down a little when he lowered the bike). That way if there happens to be someone with a kickstand that they want to sell, I could tell them in the thread that I would like to buy the kickstand. Or, for instance, if somebody just happened to have a kickstand, like I need to buy so i can put the stock dog bones back on, they could tell me that they have a kick stand off a salvaged bike that they could sell me ..... or something like that. You know what I mean. :fineprint:

Anyway, I'm off to go agree with a bunch of people so I can post in the market that I need to buy a kickstand. After I finish with my 20 posts I sure hope that there is someone who has a kickstand that they will want to sell me. :yesnod:

At least I've been registered for more than 30 days. Could you imagine if I had to wait 30 days to post in the market place that I needed to find a kickstand to buy. By then all the kickstands might be gone.

·
Registered
79 Posts
welcome aboard. and with an attitude like that ... you should fit in nicely here. i am counting the minutes till the unseen powers hit the "make post invisible" button for your post ... i think they are behind closed doors as we speak trying to devise a plan to foil the "kick stand" black market.

it is a kick stand you were looking for ... wasn't it?!!?

enjoy the new to you bike.

·
Registered
103 Posts
welcome to the forum. Do you have any pictures of the bike you can share?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And by the way, it's "ST-Owners" not Stowners! "Stowners" is a totally different type of long distance ride. :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
welcome aboard. and with an attitude like that ... you should fit in nicely here. i am counting the minutes till the unseen powers hit the "make post invisible" button for your post ... i think they are behind closed doors as we speak trying to devise a plan to foil the "kick stand" black market.

it is a kick stand you were looking for ... wasn't it?!!?

enjoy the new to you bike.
Thanks! Yes, it is a K i c k s t a n d I'll be looking for once I complete the 20 posts. Maybe even a d a s h s h e l f. Yes, as a matter of fact it'll be, for starters, a kickstand and a dash shelf I'll be looking to buy once I complete my 20 posts.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
LOL. I'm sure that the title is pretty cliche around here, but I think it's clever.

I'm the lucky guy who purchased cyclist63's 650 over the weekend. I'm very pleased with it, and looking forward to getting more familiar with the bike.

My other ride is a 04 Honda ST1300 with 125,000 on the odo. I decided to get the wee to use as my commuter and around town bike; and save the ST for longer rides and touring. Other than occasionally needing to use the pick up for something big, other than at work, I hardly drive.

I'm also active over at st-owners.com for those who are also bi-forum.

Boy, now I need to work on getting those 20 posts so I can post in the market. I totally understand the prohibition against joining just to sell something, but GOOD GRIEF, I wish I could post a question about something I might want to buy .... or post an ad for a needed item, like a kickstand that I need (cyclist63 is a shorter guy, so he trimmed his down a little when he lowered the bike). That way if there happens to be someone with a kickstand that they want to sell, I could tell them in the thread that I would like to buy the kickstand. Or, for instance, if somebody just happened to have a kickstand, like I need to buy so i can put the stock dog bones back on, they could tell me that they have a kick stand off a salvaged bike that they could sell me ..... or something like that. You know what I mean. :fineprint:

Anyway, I'm off to go agree with a bunch of people so I can post in the market that I need to buy a kickstand. After I finish with my 20 posts I sure hope that there is someone who has a kickstand that they will want to sell me. :yesnod:

At least I've been registered for more than 30 days. Could you imagine if I had to wait 30 days to post in the market place that I needed to find a kickstand to buy. By then all the kickstands might be gone.
Hi, and welcome to the Wee brigade.

We Wee in public. :green_lol::green_lol:

Now if you say "Hi" back to me it will get you one more post closer to the magic 20 :fineprint:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Welcome and I hope you enjoy the bike as the rest of us do.
With the random conversations around here you should have no problems getting the needed 20.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Well, I think this is 8. UGH!

You are showing 16 as I post this.
Go cruise the forum for 30 minutes, I'm sure you will find a few topics to reply to.
You will have 20 posts very quickly then.

And as mentioned, you will love the Wee-Strom. :thumbup:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Congrats and welcome, I have not had mine all that long but I love it more and more every time I take it out.
I feel your pain on the market place also, LOL bad enough checking it all the time, even worse when you want to post up some things you want to buy.
~John

1 - 15 of 15 Posts