StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
...the, "I'm going to go broke buying things for my new Wee" fever.

So Far:

Laminar Lip $113.00
MadStad $100.00
SW Motech 30mm risers $69.00
Givi Crash bars $171.00
AdMore Lighting LED Kit $140.00
Suzuki hand guards $54.00
Suzuki tank bra $35.00
Yann's steel skid plate $180
Camera mount $40.00
USB charger $35.00
S35+ Shifter extender $55.00
New HJC modular helmet $180.00
New Icon boots (why I needed the shifter extender) $120.00
Susuki key chain (only $3.00 bucks but it all adds up!)
A box full of cleaner/polish/chain lube ($??? - don't remember)
Oxford Heated Grip Wraps $65.00
Adventure Tech Fork Braces $80.00
Oxford OL421 Magnetic Tank Bag $70.00
Stebel Nautilus Compact Dual-Tone 12-Volt Motorcycle Air Horn, 139 dB - Black $58.99
Plug-N-Play wiring kit for Stebel Compact Nautilus Airhorns by Twisted Throttle $32.99
Stebel Horn Mount for the V-Strom DL650 & DL1000 by Twisted Throttle$18.99
Givi-S310 Trekker Halogen Fog Lights Fits to Engine Bars $209.99

Don't forget tax (we pay 15% here in the land of Santa) and shipping!

Total: about $2,291.00 (extras listed) + $8,300.00 (bike) + $500.00 (freight) + $1,320.00 (tax on bike) + 9.8% (finance charge on bike) = $15,341.00

:jawdrop::headbang:

LOL! It's all good!

Later

·
Registered
42 Posts
I know the feeling.

Just got my first strom about a week ago and already:

- Givi e36 bags
- Givi racks
- Suzuki oem hand guards
- sw motech skid plate
- happy trails highway pegs
- new tires

Still need to go out and get a half decent textile jacket and I'm good to roll :)

·
$Whatever$
1,598 Posts
:iagree:..............................

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you want to see a pic of my Wee, just look at my avitar... now... imagine all that stuff installed!

:hurray:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update:

I added a few more items (see above), but now I MUST stop. The only other thing I want is some extra lighting for the front. I am thinking of getting the Givi Fog lights (that attach to the Givi bars). At $210.00, they seem to be a pretty good bargain.

·
Registered
934 Posts
...the, "I'm going to go broke buying things for my new Wee" fever.

So Far:

Laminar Lip $113.00
MadStad $100.00
SW Motech 30mm risers $69.00
Givi Crash bars $171.00
Suzuki hand guards $54.00
Suzuki tank bra $35.00
Yann's steel skid plate $180
Camera stand $40.00
USB charger $35.00
S35+ Shifter extender $55.00
New HJC modular helmet $180.00
New Icon boots (why I needed the shifter extender) $120.00
Susuki key chain (only $3.00 bucks but it all adds up!)
A box full of cleaner/polish/chain lube ($??? - don't remember)
Oxford Heated Grip Wraps $65.00
Oxford OL421 Magnetic Tank Bag $70.00

Don't forget tax (we pay 15% here in the land of Santa) and shipping!

Total: about $1,920.00 (extras listed) + $8,300.00 (bike) + $500.00 (freight) + $1,320.00 (tax on bike) + 9.8% (finace charge on bike) = $14,970.00

:jawdrop::headbang:

LOL! It's all good!

Later
Who makes that shifter extender? I've been looking for one of those. 9.8%...that's harsh, I didn't relize the interest was so high now.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I purchased it from E-Bay. I took the recommendation from a fellow stromer who has size 13 boots like me.

UPDATE: Sorry, I just realized that I am not allowed to post E-Bay links. Go to E-bay and search on this...

Suzuki V-Strom 650 Vstrom1000 Shifter Extension plate moves shifter forward

Your rates in the US are probably lower. Here, the less you borrow, the more interest you pay. If I had put a $4000.00 down payment, the interest would have been 11.9%. In 3 months, I can pay it off if I want though.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Bought mine in Jan.; Spent week ordering stuff and 3 weeks installing stuff;

But, look at the bright side it could have been worse. I've used full tank covers since my '83 R100; At about $150 I think the one for the Wee is the most expensive cover I've had to buy;

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bought mine in Jan.; Spent week ordering stuff and 3 weeks installing stuff;

But, look at the bright side it could have been worse. I've used full tank covers since my '83 R100; At about $150 I think the one for the Wee is the most expensive cover I've had to buy;
The OEM (Suzuki) one for the Wee was only $35.00.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Been hooked on full covers for last 25 years; the one on my F650 (bought '03) is a Bagman; When I went looking for the Wee could not find a Bagman; but found one made by "Top Sellier" that looks identical except the label. And you are right the cover was over-priced compared to the Suzuki bra; but don't plan to live long enough to wear the Wee out, so it's the last one I have to buy!

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/uf6_cd7AJ-h_xDPTX-OocFMB28UPnLlei9IrupNM0fI?feat=directlink

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Been hooked on full covers for last 25 years; the one on my F650 (bought '03) is a Bagman; When I went looking for the Wee could not find a Bagman; but found one made by "Top Sellier" that looks identical except the label. And you are right the cover was over-priced compared to the Suzuki bra; but don't plan to live long enough to wear the Wee out, so it's the last one I have to buy!

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/uf6_cd7AJ-h_xDPTX-OocFMB28UPnLlei9IrupNM0fI?feat=directlink
Oh, OK... now I understand what you mean! I didn't know you could get that.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I received my skid plate from Yann today, and man is it well made!!! I would like to thank Yann, and the guys in here who recommended it to me. I don't think I will ever have to worry about any damage to my vulnerable parts now... well, not "my vulnerable" parts... my bikes! LOL!

Thanks Yann... you're a true professional!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Oh, I supposed it would nave been grand to buy a new machine. I bought a K6-650 and started adding stuff from there. It is amazing how many different directions a person can take. Some go for road burning farkels, some go for the trail. I am now going for a road machine to transport my bicycle, so I can ride bike trails. People say motorcycles are dangerous, well most of them haven't ridden a bicycle in traffic. Now that is dangerous.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Is there a 12 step program for Farkling??
I believe there is... but only if your first name is Freddie, Fredda, Frankie, or Frannie! LOL!

For you youngin's... I'm refering to an old SNL skit... "The Farkles"

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I received the mirror extenders and the shifter extender today.

If you are a "wide" guy like me, the mirror extenders are a MUST have if you want to see things behind you (and who doesn't)... as a bonus, having the mirrors further apart, has cut down on wind hitting my arms by 80%.

If you have big feet (mine are size 13 wide), than the shifter extender is a MUST have. I am now able to wear my off-road boots and can shift with ease... WHAT a difference!

I'm still waiting for these items...

Givi Crash bars $171.00
Camera stand $40.00
USB charger $35.00

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
FYI...

If you order the Admore light kit for the OEM top case (as I have done), you may be in for "quite" a wait. According to the folks I ordered them through, these kits are being put together as they are ordered. I have been waiting since 05 April, and was told I might have to wait another 2 weeks.

There is no mention of that on the Admore site... that I could see!

1 - 20 of 74 Posts