StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Just letting U all know that instead of the KTM Duke mirrors, I went with the Aprilia Tuono mirrors. They are also used on the F800GS. Picked them up at the local dealer for 41 and some change. They look good and no adapter needed they screw right in. I will load up some pics sometime this week. Guy on ADV turned me on to them, good looking mirror and now when I look in the mirror I see what is behind me not my shoulder. Suppose to help with the buffeting also. We will see Mon morning on the way to work.

RR

·
Administrator
18,147 Posts
I too am interested...the piece of shite KTM mirrors need to come off soon.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I went with the Aprilia mirrors a couple of months ago. They work better than stock, look MUCH better than stock and are priced better than some of the cheap aftermarket mirrors. These same mirrors are used on Aprilia, Moto Guzzi, BMW and others. When I got mine, one was labeled Aprilia and the other was labeled Moto Guzzi. I checked at a BMW stealership, and they tried to tell me that the mirrors would cost over $100 each! A friend on mine just got an F650GS (damn nice bike) and the mirrors are identical.

Here are a couple of not-so-great pics of the mirrors:

·
Premium Member
519 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
it appears they use the same mirrrors on all their nekid bikes.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
how'd you get the stock handguars on the Contuor bars?

I used universal Double Hard Barends from Motrax. they came with the expansion collar that fits insdie the aluminum bars. Just needed to get a longer bolt to add the spacer. I don't have a pic handy, but I ended up getting rid of the OEM spacer and making my own out of another set of DH barends.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts

I used universal Double Hard from Motrax. they came with the expansion collar that fits insdie the aluminum bars. Just needed to get a longer bolt to add the spacer. I don't have a pic handy, but I ended up getting rid of the OEM spacer and making my own out of another set of DH barends.
so it's just a new barend with the OEM spacer that the guard clips onto. I get it. looks like i can use just the internal clamp piece and use the OEM barend, no?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Big B - what don't you like about the ktm mirrors? I love mine.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
so it's just a new barend with the OEM spacer that the guard clips onto. I get it. looks like i can use just the internal clamp piece and use the OEM barend, no?
I believe you could. You might check and see if you can pick up the internal hardware as a replacement part from Acerbis. They us the same setup for their handguards for aluminum bars.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I believe you could. You might check and see if you can pick up the internal hardware as a replacement part from Acerbis. They us the same setup for their handguards for aluminum bars.
just picked up some fatbar inserts for bar ends from Malcolm Smith. they just happened to have them. will post something on the install.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
They use the same mirrors on the Piagio MP3 500 as well. My local dealer just picked up the Piagio line and parts support is a little sketchy right now. will be looking for an online source.

·
Registered
222 Posts
mirror.jpg

Here's a similar design with LED's (click the pic)

·
Administrator
18,147 Posts
Big B - what don't you like about the ktm mirrors? I love mine.
I loved them until "all" of the rubber boot material has cracked and split on both mirrors. They now look like total ass................

·
Registered
222 Posts
what, where and how much??
I got them from Sportingforless.com. I haven't seen them on their website for a while, so you may need to call. They run about $50. I haven't ridden with them yet - I plan to ride Wednesday, so I'll post a ride report on how they do.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts