StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
13,742 Posts
Congratulations!

I don't know where "bville" is but assume since you said Romney Cycles it's in the USA and hopefully somewhere in their area.. It is wonderful riding in that part of the USA! I am sure you will love the DL1000!

..Tom

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks very much. Bville is Berryville. I'm in Virginia, about 60 miles from Romney WV.

Got 100 miles in. More tomorrow.

Congratulations!

I don't know where "bville" is but assume since you said Romney Cycles it's in the USA and hopefully somewhere in their area.. It is wonderful riding in that part of the USA! I am sure you will love the DL1000!

..Tom

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
You'll like it more and more as the engine and suspension break in. Do set the front & rear sag, about 40 mm, to suit your load riding weight, then set them again as the suspension frees up. Adjust the front compression & rebound damping, and the rear rebound, to your liking.

For ergos, I put on Adventuretech's peg lowering kit and mirror spacers, and SW-Motech's bar-backs. Adventuretech is selling Givi windscreens and Shad seats & luggage.

·
Registered
135 Posts
nice
all you guys are gonna get these bikes for great deals and the khaki looks fantastic
enjoy the new bike

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can you make me smarter here? Where do I adjust this? I am not a short guy but find her very tall. I have the manual but find no "sag" adjustment.

Thanks!

You'll like it more and more as the engine and suspension break in. Do set the front & rear sag, about 40 mm, to suit your load riding weight, then set them again as the suspension frees up.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I bought a new 14 today from Romney Cycles. They really treated me right.

I'm going to see if I can scrub off half of the 500 miles to the first oil change now!

Beautiful! Congrats............

·
Registered
271 Posts
You'll like it more and more as the engine and suspension break in. Do set the front & rear sag, about 40 mm, to suit your load riding weight, then set them again as the suspension frees up. Adjust the front compression & rebound damping, and the rear rebound, to your liking.

For ergos, I put on Adventuretech's peg lowering kit and mirror spacers, and SW-Motech's bar-backs. Adventuretech is selling Givi windscreens and Shad seats & luggage.

Absolutely spot on - I couldn't believe how much better it got after the first 1k miles......:wink2:

·
Vendor
5,367 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Can you make me smarter here? Where do I adjust this? I am not a short guy but find her very tall. I have the manual but find no "sag" adjustment.

Thanks!
To adjust sag or pre-load on the springs: front is the "nut" on top of each fork, turn it in to decrease sag, out for more. There are adjustment lines on the tube that goes in or out of the fork, set both the same. Rear is the adjustment knob under the seat. I highly recommend a center stand and a helper for taking the measurements. You have to completely unload the suspension to make a base measurement from the axle to a point on the bike, then load it with you on it and measure again. The difference is the sag. For the rear just put it on the center stand for the base measurement, for the front have someone sit on the back of the bike to raise up the front. Then there are the rebound and damping adjustments - there are threads with good advice on adjusting, I would start with factory settings. Don't assume you got it with factory settings. Check your owner's manual and set them all from scratch.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts