StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I’ve been a member here for a little over a year (lots of lurking) and picked up a blue 2007 Wee last fall with just over 1K miles on the odometer. Came with new hand guards, skid plate and crash bars. I was a bit concerned as I don’t have long legs, but my 29 inch inseam can easily flat foot this bike. This bike is in almost new condition. :thumbup:

Now time for the farkles! Having short arms, the first purchase will be a set of 2” Rox Risers and from the comments I’ve read, it seams that there should be no issues with cable lengths (I hope). Next on the wish list is a top box. I’ve got some soft sided throw over the seat saddle bags, which should get me through the up coming riding season. And last but not least some heated grips. Had a case of frostbite back when I was a teenager, so my fingers can get real cold, real quick! I am sure that once farkle fever takes hold, I’ll be spending more as finances allow. Is there any upgrade that is considered essential?

TIA,

John on the Vineyard
1977 XS605D
2007 DL650

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
How did you manage to find a 5 year old bike with only 1000 mikes on the odo? That's pretty awesome... By the way, who ever said (or why is it even a second thought) you need to flat foot a bike?.... I have never understood why people are so concerned about this in the first place...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was an eBay find. The original owner was an elderly gentleman and in a sad turn of events, started losing his eye sight shortly after buying the bike. The second owner was shorter than me (but not that much) and had found the bike hard to ride. Hence, my concern about footing. I agree, that in most cases, one foot down is enough. Only thing I've done to it, other than riding, was to increase the preload on the front forks. It had a nasty front end dive under braking. Much better now! :hurray:

John on the Vineyard

·
Registered
15,403 Posts
My legs run out in 29" too. Not a problem. You could have thick soles put on your boots. Vertically challenged have used that fix for a long time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts