StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm perusing the yahoo forum and they say they're coming up with a new forum that's a better format, etc. They say it's not stromtrooper and not delphi. I don't get it. Why do they keep forming/creating sites when there's one like this that is already in existence. This is why svrider.com succeeds. Everyone goes there for information. There's an e-mail list (listserv) and a message board like this one. If you can't find it there, then it hasn't been asked yet.

Anyway, I think it's ridiculous that everything is not being consolidated. Howaboucha, any thoughts or insight into why this is happening? Do you know what they're talking about over there? I think the good ol' boy syndrome is in full effect over there. :roll:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Kidder,

I can't believe that there will be ANOTHER site! :twisted: The Delphi forum is hard to navigate and the mail list is too heavy on bandwidth.

I for one, am staying here.

steve

R

·
0 Posts
Howboucha Guys!
Sorry about not being on the board much the last few days. We had a big shake-up at work this week, and we just finished the "project" today. Guess what! I need a job now........

Anyway, I really don't pay any attention to the Yahoo Groups board because life for me is too frustrating at the moment, and trying to read that stuff (although very valuable) just fry's my brain. And I cannot stand the ads or the format.

From what I hear from you, they are at it again. What a shame. Oh well, let them do it, it will just be another project for them to start, and re-structure again in a few months. Must be it's something fun to do, I too "just don't get it".

Remember last year when everyone "there" was being bitter for no reason and slamming each other. I think I called it something like "no riding-winter syndrome".

Keep the faith, I am here for you. :D

Brendan

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree completely. The Yahoo forum does have some good info, but it's a PITA to navigate and there are too many non-Vstrom threads. :(
Anyway, since about a month ago that the question was brought up here and in the Yahoo forum by several others and myself (although it's been done before) on using this better organized forum, the traffic has picked up nicely. :D

There aren't that many V-Stom owners/fans out there to keep splitting things up, it's going to to end up with, too many Chiefs and no Braves to follow. :roll:

J

·
0 Posts
I put up the Delphi board as a backup when the original Yahoo group was about to overload due to the orignal owner vacating it. Delphi does attract some cruiser owners that are considering the Strom but this is the better format. If the new site allows members to receive everything via email they may get some traffic but lacking that I don't see the need.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts