StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Therefore.. I couldnt care less how many miles i get per gallon after i install my 2 bros exhaust, power commander, new iridium plugs, k&n air filter ,tps, tbs, and dyno tune.. Thats my vice..twistin the throttle hard. Yeeeehaaaaw

·
Registered
542 Posts
Therefore.. I couldnt care less how many miles i get per gallon after i install my 2 bros exhaust, power commander, new iridium plugs, k&n air filter ,tps, tbs, and dyno tune.. Thats my vice..twistin the throttle hard. Yeeeehaaaaw
You forgot and live in Idaho

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
... yeh but why waste all that money souping up the "family station wagon" when if power and speed are your goal just buy a bike that was meant for that?:confused:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
... Yeh but why waste all that money souping up the "family station wagon" when if power and speed are your goal just buy a bike that was meant for that?:confused:
different strokes for different folks.. Personally i would love to have a family wagon with a 427... Even better to spank the unsuspecting with..

·
Registered
664 Posts
In the process of making mods to an import years back, someone told me that the best way to do it is to start with the best platform for what you'd like to do eventually.

i.e.: if you want to really haul, start with something that is ready to bloody its knuckles and do some absolutely silly hooning.

I'd probably go with a Bandit 1200, or something equally brutish. I do not, however, deny you your joy at working out your right hand :)

Congrats also on having only one vice... it's an enviable state to be in, I guess.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I don't care all that much about mileage on the strom, but I do care a lot about range.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In the process of making mods to an import years back, someone told me that the best way to do it is to start with the best platform for what you'd like to do eventually.

i.e.: if you want to really haul, start with something that is ready to bloody its knuckles and do some absolutely silly hooning.

I'd probably go with a Bandit 1200, or something equally brutish. I do not, however, deny you your joy at working out your right hand :)

Congrats also on having only one vice... it's an enviable state to be in, I guess.
i GUESS AT 60 i AM TOO DAMN OLD FOR A BUSA..BUT WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A BOSS HOSS.. MY 2 BIKES B4 GETTIN ON A STROM WERE A SUPERCHARGED VALK.. AND A HOPPED UP rocketIII.. loved em both. both were comfortable and pretty dang fast... I would say they were equally fast until i did a few mods to the rocket.. that thing was scary fun from 0-120

·
Registered
181 Posts
I can relate.

Although the Wee isn't the most racy thing going it sounds to me like it will be fun to drive in the upper reaches of the Tachometer. (Mine is still in the break-in period).

I intentionally bought this bike because this community is awesome AND because I figured I could "rev it" and drive it in the "wow!" zone a lot without the same level of "get myself in trouble" factor that I'd have with something designed simply to go fast. (Not that you cannot get in trouble with a Wee but hopefully you get the idea.)

By the way - I am also addicted to the VTEC in my Honda automobile (not much power but fun in the upper ranges of the tach.) and was similiarly happy with the VANOS in a previous BMW.

J

·
Registered
618 Posts
How many extra ponies are you expecting to gain? If I had the cash, I would consider a new pipe & power commander. Why not? Instead, I am saving for a Triumph Tiger 800XC or KTM 990. My wee just doesn't cut it for me...not enough off-road capability, and not enough grunt under the tank.

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
... yeh but why waste all that money souping up the "family station wagon" when if power and speed are your goal just buy a bike that was meant for that?:confused:
A course of decision making that only a lack of drugs and alchohol can lead to.....

Who are these non-drinkers and non-ketchup users?..............aren't they called Al Queda? Don't let the terrorists win - have a Czech Pilsner and drink up the FREEDOM!....

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How many extra ponies are you expecting to gain? If I had the cash, I would consider a new pipe & power commander. Why not? Instead, I am saving for a Triumph Tiger 800XC or KTM 990. My wee just doesn't cut it for me...not enough off-road capability, and not enough grunt under the tank.
GO FOR IT... I certainly understand wanting something a little more dirt oriented.. for me I have spanked soma my harley buds by like 15-20 bike lengths.. I am wantin 30-40

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
Enjoy

Yes I would have had the Katoom but found a left over VEE for 6700 or just about 1/2

I want the tiny road hyper motard

·
Registered
37 Posts
part of the fun of motorcycles is tinkering with them, we change things to make it into what we need or think we need sure we could go out and buy something that is faster but its fun to try and make something fast that didn't come that way

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
So...am I the only soul who liked the Vee the way it came straight out of the box? Aside from tires as needed, the only "mods" I've made to the bike was to install a centerstand, a fork brace, a crashbar, and a set of luggage. I've had the bike for 5 years now and it's been "done" for 4 1/2. I love my Vee. :yesnod:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts