Strom Trooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

For some reason i started becoming obsessed with the newer Wee's last week. I'll admit i didn't really care that much for the looks:thumbdown:. What can i say, it took over a year for it to grow on me:yesnod:.
I bought it yesterday, took it for a two hour jaunt today. I think i likey.:thumbup: But i do miss the sound of that Scorpion.

Now you guys cant laugh at my tiny e21 bags:green_lol: These Trax bags are freakin huge:yikes:

Now I've got to see what I can transfer off the 06 to the 12.
Hope i can make the spring tech day to farkleize:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Very nice bike and a very nice photo setting !

Best of luck with it, and with the farkle switchover.

I have an '07 that I really like and enjoy, but the Wee II really pulls at me. I also have an interest in the new ('14?) Vee, but it'll probably cost more (and use more fuel) than I'll want to pay.

Another complicating issue is that an acquaintance of mine - a high school classmate from ~30 years ago - with whom I work - told me a couple days ago that he's bought a 990 KTM. He had a BMW Dakar (not sure of the displacement), that I could have ridden, but it never really interested me that much, so I didn't even make the effort to take a ride. I plan to make the effort for the KTM. That makes three 990 KTMs that I'm aware of in our small town.

Sorry for the rambling...

Again, nice bike and it's somewhat likely that, after all things have been considered, I'll end up with a Wee II myself someday.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Very cool Brenden now you just need to take it on the WBCDR to give it a little character. :thumbup:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very cool Brenden now you just need to take it on the WBCDR to give it a little character. :thumbup:
:green_lol: NOT!

Its funny how different i feel about this bike since this is the first brand new vehicle i have ever owned. The only character she's getting for a while besides a few farkles are some stickers on the luggage.

Anyways, thanks Marc. I hope we can plan a ride this year:yesnod:. I was thinking of doing the Western gathering down in Ventura, but that's a bit of a haul. I was already starting to plan it out a few weeks ago, but i would have to make it a four day tour to get there because there are so many awesome roads on the way (ie. Hwy 36 and hwy 1). Then i pretty much would have to slab it back for two days and that would include going through central cali, which in July could be 110 degrees. So were talking an eight day trip. (As im writing this, im now reconsidering doing it:headbang: ) the ride down is calling me.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Congrats Brenden! On the trip south, skip the gathering in Ventura and just enjoy NorCal. :yesnod: Nothing at all against the gathering, but if you're going to make the trip down that way, just soak up all those great roads.

I have been busier than I would have ever thought possible for the last 2 months. As a result, I'm thinking either to put off the spring wrenching until early May, or let someone else do it. I'll have a better idea for my time in about another week or so.

If you want to give up those teeny, tiny E21's let me know what you want for them. :fineprint:

·
Registered
1,253 Posts

For some reason i started becoming obsessed with the newer Wee's last week. I'll admit i didn't really care that much for the looks:thumbdown:. What can i say, it took over a year for it to grow on me:yesnod:.
I bought it yesterday, took it for a two hour jaunt today. I think i likey.:thumbup: But i do miss the sound of that Scorpion.

Now you guys cant laugh at my tiny e21 bags:green_lol: These Trax bags are freakin huge:yikes:

Now I've got to see what I can transfer off the 06 to the 12.
Hope i can make the spring tech day to farkleize:mrgreen:
Nice bike!

If the Givi Trekker bags (basically your bags) had been available when I got my E41 Keyless bags I would have had a much harder decision. I do like being able to get into my bags without getting a key out though...

·
Registered
512 Posts
Nice ride BRendan. Nothing better than the feeling of a new bike. I never enjoy all the extra money going out the door for new gizmo's though. My Yamaha is a Wee worth of accessories.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. After the first few hundred miles my top of the list farkles are a new or probably a re-worked seat....oohhh the burn. And then some pull back risers. Any suggestions on either? And yes, money IS an object.

·
Registered
76 Posts
For the budget minded needing a different seat, Seat Concepts kit is good. Their seat worked for my butt. It solved the tail bone killing problem of the stock seat. If you have access to an air stapler the build is easy. Kevin down here in Portland recently did it and the jury is still out. He liked the way the stock pushed him forward. I didn't. If you're down this way you are welcome to try my seat.

Rox Risers installed on my "Wee II" without lengthening cables ect. Following the threads on this subject is confusing but is seams there are a lot of us that had no problem with the two inch ones. I did lower my front (raised the forks) a little.

Blake

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Congrats Brenden! On the trip south, skip the gathering in Ventura and just enjoy NorCal. :yesnod: Nothing at all against the gathering, but if you're going to make the trip down that way, just soak up all those great roads.

I have been busier than I would have ever thought possible for the last 2 months. As a result, I'm thinking either to put off the spring wrenching until early May, or let someone else do it. I'll have a better idea for my time in about another week or so.

If you want to give up those teeny, tiny E21's let me know what you want for them. :fineprint:
The last gathering in The Dalles was fun ( and wet ) and Rick was a great host/planner.This years is hosted/planned by someone different down in Cali and he's not my favorite person,buts thats just MY feelings!!.
Oh I don't own a Strom anymore so I guess I'm out any ways !!.hehe

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
652 Posts
I'm still not fully convinced with my seat concepts. I was hoping to put a little more time on it last weekend, with shorter stops, but a very unfortunate event prevented that from happening and my butt got too much off the seat time to relax. So far I'd say it's better than stock, I put some 1.2'' risers (~$20) on and I feel they did the trick since the seat puts me up a bit higher due to a firmer foam. I wouldn't go more than the 1.2'' unless you are going to get the svracing extended brake lines. I wouldn't want my brake line any tighter than it is now. No long rides with the risers yet. The thing that gets me first is the wind beating me up, that can get tiring, still playing with the givi airflow screen.

Tusk Handlebar Riser Kit | ATV | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

·
Registered
652 Posts
The last gathering in The Dalles was fun ( and wet ) and Rick was a great host/planner.This years is hosted/planned by someone different down in Cali and he's not my favorite person,buts thats just MY feelings!!.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
I was hoping that event was a yearly thing in Oregon or Washington, it looked fun. I bought my bike from the fun country dealer in the dalles (last standard version in stock anywhere in Oregon), 1 or 2 weeks after the big event. I should have pulled the plug a couple weeks sooner!

·
Registered
503 Posts
nice!

Old blue had character! now you'll be thinking twice about hitting those mud puddles!

·
Registered
132 Posts
HokiesRWee, the Daker is, or was, (maybe BMW started makeing them again) a 650. F-650 Daker. The bike basically had taller forks, and rear shock and a 21 in front wheel and while still heavy was more dirt friendly than the Vee or Wee and ran WAY better than the KLR. 06 was the last year BMW made them and that was my first bike, thus the screen name. Unfortunatly it met a bad end against the side of a Toyota Land Cruiser who's drunk driver decided to cut a left right in front of me :thumbdown:

If I were doing a trip to South America the Dakar is (I think) the perfect bike to do it on and was my long term plan.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts