StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it only took 7 months since i bought my wee. My brother traded in his multistrada for a DL1000. I think my dad will be next.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Well it only took 7 months since i bought my wee. My brother traded in his multistrada for a DL1000. I think my dad will be next.
The multistrada is an impressive bike. Why the switch?

R.I.P. (Retire In Peace, thanks for the great ride.)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I converted my Dad after 1 ride

My Dad had a Vulcan 1500 and it took one ride on my DL650 for him to want one. I sold his Vulcan on Craig's List the following week and a week after that he had a new Yellow DL650. He rides his Strom MUCH more than he rode his Vulcan.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The multistrada is an impressive bike. Why the switch?

I am adams bro. I got rid of the multistrada because its way to f-ing expensive to keep running. The 12k service is like $1200! Ducatis are cool bikes until you actualy own one.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
The V-strom aint much better looking.
I don't know...I fell in love with the Strom's looks when it debuted in 2002 and I knew I wanted one even back then. It took me 5 years (and one hit-and-run cager that totalled my VTX) for me to be a position where I was in the market and looking for a new bike and the Strom was on the short-list straight-up from Jump Street. Of the few bikes on that short-list, I kept coming back to the Strom again and again in large part BECAUSE of the looks of the bike. Two years and 12,000 miles later, I'm still in love with the looks of my Vee. To each their own, I guess. Ride safe, ride often. :cool:

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
The V-strom aint much better looking.
I was gonna say,... Not that I agree with the opinion.

I looked at the MultiStrada at a local dealership when I was scoping out my Wee, braded hoses, sculpted disk brakes, lots of top quality components. Like I said, impressive to look at. The SH who was banging my ex-wife had one. Guess I was interested what he was riding besides my ex and my VTX.

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Congrats to both of you. The Strada is cool but I understand about the maintenance costs. Have fun and now it is time to get dad on it too.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was gonna say,... Not that I agree with the opinion.

I looked at the MultiStrada at a local dealership when I was scoping out my Wee, braded hoses, sculpted disk brakes, lots of top quality components. Like I said, impressive to look at. The SH who was banging my ex-wife had one. Guess I was interested what he was riding besides my ex and my VTX.

You actually let a guy ride your VTX, and get away with it.
I would of pasted the guy for that.:D

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
My brother's been riding Harleys since about 1969 and everytime I come over on my Vee, he has that look in his eye. He won't sell his Harley but I see a Wee or Vee in his future. It's just an awesome bike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts