StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Today I bought a pearl white 2014 V-Strom 650. It is still at the dealer getting preped. I also ordered the tall seat, an auxiliary socket, and a shop manual. When I got home I ordered a fork brace and a GPS mount for Adventure Tech.

The last time I owned a motorcycle was more than thirty years ago.

Safe Travels,
Richard

·
Registered
859 Posts

Today I bought a pearl white 2014 V-Strom 650. It is still at the dealer getting preped. I also ordered the tall seat, an auxiliary socket, and a shop manual. When I got home I ordered a fork brace and a GPS mount for Adventure Tech.

Safe Travels,
Richard
Welcome. Looks like you not only have good taste in bikes but riding gear as well. Don't worry, anything you want for this bike is available. Probably as many accessories available for this bike as the GSA. Happy farkling.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Congratulations and enjoy.
This forum is a great place to find answers for almost every question.!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Welcome! I don't think you will regret it. Beware - the more your read on here, the more additions you will find you just can't live without.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kitchen pass

I have been working on getting a kitchen pass from Mrs. Hanson for over two years. I bought my helmet about a year and a half ago and I would read in bed wearing it, moto books like Proficient Motorcycling. Susi would just glare at me and role over.

While I was at the dealership she called:

Susi: "Where are you?"
Me: "I am at the dealership."

Click.

A while later I start to get text messages:

Susi: "We are going to the liquor store when you get home."
Me: "Yes dear we are. Love Bear"

Susi: "Not on a f**king motorcycle either"
Me: "No dear. Love Bear"

Susi:"Hurry Up."

Mrs. Hanson bought whiskey.

My new motorcycle will be ready early next week but I am thinking seriously about waiting until after mother's day to bring her home. After all the months and years I have waited, schemed, planned and persuaded, another few days for spousal maintenance is but a blink of an eye.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You must be extremely excited looking forward to riding after 30 years away. Congratulations on your great choice of rides. I hope you have many miles of safe and happy times.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
I have been working on getting a kitchen pass from Mrs. Hanson for over two years. I bought my helmet about a year and a half ago and I would read in bed wearing it, moto books like Proficient Motorcycling. Susi would just glare at me and role over.

While I was at the dealership she called:

Susi: "Where are you?"
Me: "I am at the dealership."

Click.

A while later I start to get text messages:

Susi: "We are going to the liquor store when you get home."
Me: "Yes dear we are. Love Bear"

Susi: "Not on a f**king motorcycle either"
Me: "No dear. Love Bear"

Susi:"Hurry Up."

Mrs. Hanson bought whiskey.

My new motorcycle will be ready early next week but I am thinking seriously about waiting until after mother's day to bring her home. After all the months and years I have waited, schemed, planned and persuaded, another few days for spousal maintenance is but a blink of an eye.
:green_lol: congrats on the new scoot!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Congrats! Be sure to read the "stickys". Get good riding gear and take the MSF course.

Welcome aboard.

Al

P.S. My .sig on ADVriders is "I got a new Vstrom for my wife, it was a great trade!

·
Registered
7 Posts

Safe Travels,
Richard
Congrats on the purchase. It's very exciting getting back into motorcycling after a long absence. I bought a red 2014 Wee also after a 30 year absence and have been having a great time. My first trip was a 3000 km. trip through the south of Mexico.

Enjoy your new purchase!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Congrats! You are going to love her!

I cant get enough of mine, its killing me that I will be losing 2 hours of ride time next week to get my 600 mile service done! That is how much I value riding time on this wonderful machine!

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Congrats! You are going to love her!

I cant get enough of mine, its killing me that I will be losing 2 hours of ride time next week to get my 600 mile service done! That is how much I value riding time on this wonderful machine!
Let me save you 105 minutes then, just change the oil and carry on. :fineprint:

·
Registered
220 Posts
ATGATT

My DL650 is my first road bike for 42 years. I have been riding dirt bikes in between though.

I can recall the first time I rode my new DR350; my first non- KTM racing bike for a while. It was warm and I intended just to go for a quick ride. Luckily I wore a helmet because the brakes were grabby and the front suspension very soft. I cartwheeled the bike when testing the brakes!

My advice is to take the riding course and wear all the gear , all the time. Oh and assume all drivers intend to kill you.:thumbup:

You don't have homicidal kangaroos in Texas, but look out for those longhorn steers wandering over the roads!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Let me save you 105 minutes then, just change the oil and carry on. :fineprint:
I was planning on that but the chain seems super lose, I was thinking maybe it needs to be adjusted when its new due to stretching? I am not sure I want to mess with adjusting the chain just yet myself.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
>>>> My new moto still at the dealership.
Thanks for all the replies.

Safe Travels,
Richard

1 - 20 of 29 Posts