StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to figure out why I am unable to post (reply ) to a listing in a for sale thread. I am a new owner of a WEEstrom and recently joined this site. I Believe I have done everything to set up my account, but it sends me to a page saying it could be many things, like account approval or activation. Does this happen often, how long does it take to get an account activated?
Thanks, Alex.

·
Super Moderator
4,616 Posts
At the top of the For Sale section, there is this:

For Sale You must have more than 20 posts and be a registered member for more than 20 days before posting in this section
I assume this also means you can't respond to a post.

Did you try sending a PM to the seller? I'm not sure if that's possible for a new member or not.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yes! That is the problem. I had the same problem when I started. The problem is that most people (I'm guilty too.) don't check their PMs. I can see that it is to prevent people joining just to sell stuff, but joining just to buy stuff?? Sorry, just an early frustration resurfacing. . .

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
Access to the forum is either permitted or not. There is no way for the software to tell whether the poster is buying or selling. Besides, newbie deals are chancier, whether they are sending merchandise or money.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was able to contact the seller directly, I completely missed the 20 posts requirement. Thanks everyone for clearing that up,
Alex
( also, anyone know off hand? Is the bill Mayer seat for the vee lower than the stock seat for the wee? )

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
The stock Vee seat is 20mm taller than the stock Wee seat. I would imagine a custom seat isn't going to make things easier for the short legged.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts