StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
At my age, it is a little easy to get confused, anyways that what my wife thinks :?: .
I have a new K5 and I want to use Purolator oil filters. Is the Purolator Pure One PL14610 the one that fits my bike.
Regards
Bryan

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
No. Unfortunately, Purolator doesn't make a PureOne that fits the Strom (or most standard Suzi's). Something to do with the thread pitch that Suzuki uses.. I hear rumours about some type of thread pitch adapter, but I can't be any more specific than that... Major oversight on Purolator's part, if ya ask me (not that anyone is ;) )

I use PureOne's on all my cars, and the Purolator ML16818 for my bikes.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Looks like Suzuki uses fine threads on it's filter. I finally gave up trying to find one of the recommended filters like PureOne, etc., in some of the threads I looked at, and just went to the dealer to buy a bunch of Suzuki filters. "Only" about $10 each.

Just don't use any cheap filters like Fram, etc.

·
Registered
255 Posts
That's a great site for Vstrom info! But they recommend Chev Delo oil which I've heard elsewhere is not good for your bike. Anyway that's a whole different discussion.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Auger6890, that question will lead to a lot of posts. One of the other Strom forums posted a list of filters and the STP SMO-18 is not recommended but no reason was available. It will fit, has 20x1 MM threads, 11 PSI by-pass valve and anti-drain back valve. Same specs as a Zuk filter 16510-03G00-x07 Go figure ? If the STP filter works for you, go with it. I am sure it will be more cost effective than Zuk filters.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts