StromTrooper banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Vendor
6,158 Posts
The Givi USA warehouse I literally just down the road from us. We can get anything in the warehouse in a matter of hours.

I have been advocating the airflow ever since putting one on my 2014 DL1000. It works for everybody except the very, very tall (above 6'4"). It has seven inches of up and down adjust-ability and performs as if it were taller and wider than it's actual dimensions.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
The upper screen is just below eye level.Any difference as to where the bottom piece is mounted?There are three choices.
Mine came with spacers for the 4 mounting bolts. I mounted the bottom piece in the holes that are recessed Using the spacers. In this position, the “ears” on the bottom piece fit snuggly against the upper surface of the fairing. There might be a better way or a preferred position but so far I like this setup.

·
Registered
71 Posts
You know the guy who discovers something that the rest of the world already knows and then goes on the spread the word as the self appointed expert?

So after a relationship with Vstroms going back to 2005, I installed a Givi Airflow windscreen today. It was windy and only plus 3 degrees so also a great day for a first impression. I am absolutely amazed at the improvement. I have ridden motorcycles for almost 50 years (49) and I was never really sure what buffeting was (it’s a motorcycle, I’m going fast outside, it’s windy) but today in the absense of buffeting, I now know exactly what buffeting is (and at my age it can be one more thing I can forget).

I bought a "new to me" 2012 650 DL ABS this past April and it had the WindStrom shield on it. Pretty tall with curved flair outs on the sides. Super happy with it, almost no buffeting at 75 mph. Unfortunately I think the company is no longer in business. But if anyone finds one I would buy it.
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bicycle handlebar Automotive tire Bicycle accessory

View attachment 294430

·
Registered
105 Posts
I just purchased a Kappa Airstream wind screen & Kappa handle bar deflectors, from fortnine.Giva we’re not avail. I understand they are the same company anyway.let will be a week before they arrive.
may be able to ride-report if no sand-salt on the roads .
A side question? Was Fortnine bought out by Revzilla? Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You know the guy who discovers something that the rest of the world already knows and then goes on the spread the word as the self appointed expert?

So after a relationship with Vstroms going back to 2005, I installed a Givi Airflow windscreen today. It was windy and only plus 3 degrees so also a great day for a first impression. I am absolutely amazed at the improvement. I have ridden motorcycles for almost 50 years (49) and I was never really sure what buffeting was (it’s a motorcycle, I’m going fast outside, it’s windy) but today in the absense of buffeting, I now know exactly what buffeting is (and at my age it can be one more thing I can forget).
View attachment 294430
Thanks for posting. After reading endless posts on Stromtropper I installed the Airflow on my 2013 Wee a couple years ago. It is just amazing. I routinely just forget to lower my helmet face shield even at highway speeds. Best motorcycle mod I have ever done.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts