StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To the masses...

I just bought/installed a Hyperlight Brake Light Modulator. The unit appears to be on solid from the time the bike is turned on. Nothing happens when the brakes are applied.

I've checked the wiring 3x now and even had my son come out to confirm it was wired corrrectly (ground, brake light and tail light).

So I says, 'Let's call that tech support number on the instruction sheet'. No answer during the day. I've tried 4 different times now. In the evenings, I get an answering machine and leave my particulars but to no avail.:headbang:

Before I go switching the wires (tail light with brake light), anyone have any ideas?

Another particular was that the modulator unit has DF branded (melted) into the housing. (defective???)

The instructions also indicate 'do not test this unit as damage may result. It isw tested 3x prior to leaving the factory.'

Dunno. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

·
Registered
88 Posts
If you are 100% sure that the wiring is perfect, per the diagram...get ahold of Hyperlites.

I know you are going to say "I've already tried and no one will...". Just realize that it is a small business. Some small business owners have real jobs, some don't. Some small businesses completely shut down due to vacations in the summer time (because it is only a couple people). Drop them an e-mail, tell them you can't get ahold of them by phone and are having a problem.

I have 2 bikes with the dual function lights. One bike had an issue, and over the phone they decided that it was defective. They sent me a new controller...and asked "when you get it all fixed up, and have time, send us the defective one to look at". Very nice and accommodating people to work with.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Email them. It's essentially a one man shop, Vstrom rider too. It's also rally season and they are usually on the road. I've had great service from them, replacing old modules that failed at no charge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts