StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever install Hyper Lites on their Strom?

Problems? Like or dislike?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I can't speak specifically to having them on a strom (I'm currently saving for one), but I've had them on my sv650 for about 6 months now, set up so that they blink for a few seconds, and then go solid.

I commute at all hours of the day and night in bay area traffic. Visibility here is very, very important to me, and these lights make a huge difference. I had a friend ride my bike while I followed him in a car so that I could see them for myself, and I can say that even during the day from 4 or 5 carlengths away they make a big difference in how noticeable the bike is. I've also noticed that people don't follow me nearly so closely once I flash them, which gives me a lot of peace of mind.

So, basically, they rock.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have them on my DL1000 and my Burgman 650. I feel like they make a huge difference in my overall visability to other motorist. They seem to hold up very well. I have motolights on the frontside for the same reason.

----------
Perry R.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
+1 Hyper-Lites .... specifically the DUAL-FUNCTION version (running & brake) as well as the "universal" version NOT the V-Strom specific--I prefer the triangulation of lights for additional visibility.

FWIW, all bikes that enter my stable have Hyper-Lites + a headlight modulator. I personally wouldn't consider owning a bike w/o them.

Stromette

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You guys convinced me!!!

I won a set while at the BMW Rally .........

·
Registered
186 Posts
What model hyper-lite are people buying for the DL650?

Universal mode or is there a specific one for the wee-strom?

Finally, does anybody know if they'll work with the Signal Dynamics brake light flasher/modulator?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
p7m8jg said:
What model hyper-lite are people buying for the DL650?

Universal mode or is there a specific one for the wee-strom?

Finally, does anybody know if they'll work with the Signal Dynamics brake light flasher/modulator?

I have the specific v-strom one.. I love it!

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts