Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Tis better to be seen and not hurt.

·
Registered
26 Posts
At the risk of sounding like a total wuss.... Is that legal? I know the hyperlites are but the wig-wag of the tail light... looks awesome by the way.

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
I'm a visibility nut myself but I'd defintley have reservations about installing a wigwag on your taillight. Its very eye catching and I defintley think you'll get attention but not all of it may be positive. Its distracting and I bet people will be focusing on your rear end and not on traffic.

Its the same concept as people plowing into the back of police cruisers when they pull over with their lights on.

Have you thought about putting brake lights on your side cases?

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you thought about putting brake lights on your side cases?
If I didn't use the side cases so much, it would be a good idea. I like the quick-disconnect and sometimes ride without them.

·
Registered
186 Posts
After installing a set of Hyper-lites, my friend commented that it wasn't as dramatic as he expected. So, I added a BackOFF Wig Wag and now it's a lightshow.
was it difficult to wire both the backoff wig/wag and the hyperlites? I've already got the Signal Dynamics unit installed & would like to add the hyperlites to it.. where would I cut-in to the existing wiring?

John

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Hyper-lites were installed first and I noticed that it only controlled the LEDs. They connected to the tail light only to pass voltage to the bulbs. So, I cut the hot wires from the bulbs and installed the BackOFF module to the tail lights.

If you want to add Hyper-lites, just tap anywhere on the brake wire. It's like a Y-connection. Voltage from the brake wire feeds the BackOFF and tail light one side and it feeds the Hyper-lites and LEDs on the other side.

I think that makes sense the way I wrote it?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hey
I know this is an old thread, but I just got the wig-wag and have been trying to figure out the best place to splice it in. can I get away without taking off the plastic, or do I pretty much have to get the whole tail end taken apart?
thanks! (no hyperlites, not yet anyway)

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I took the back end off and attempted to stick the BackOFF brick to the plastic tail section. It quickly vibrated loose and now it sits in the far back end of the tray under the seat. Taking off the tail section really isn't that bad except for the two side screws behind the mufflers. I'd do it just to be sure you're cutting the correct wire.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hey
I know this is an old thread, but I just got the wig-wag and have been trying to figure out the best place to splice it in. can I get away without taking off the plastic, or do I pretty much have to get the whole tail end taken apart?
thanks! (no hyperlites, not yet anyway)
I'm totally bringing this up from the dead.

Thinking of doing the exact same setup on my bike, I'm curious if you've had any problems with cops in this setup?

I'm also thinking of painting my bike white, so I am even more leery of a wigwag on the back...

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I took the back end off and attempted to stick the BackOFF brick to the plastic tail section. It quickly vibrated loose and now it sits in the far back end of the tray under the seat. Taking off the tail section really isn't that bad except for the two side screws behind the mufflers. I'd do it just to be sure you're cutting the correct wire.
Exactly where my Backoff XP lives....two sided 3M mounting tape to the back of the tray. Seems to like it there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts