·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've seen a few riders who made their entire rear light up and flash. The Hyper-Lite setup is a good, easy solution. I'm curious what other riders have done to enhance the brightness of their bike. Post some pics of your setup.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I just installed the hyperlites and flasher as well. They look great, but thanks to the 6 inches of snow and ice down here in the sun belt, I haven't been able to ride with them yet.

For some reason I have not yet been able to figure out, my running light wires and brake light wires were swapped. I reattached the darn things over and over, ohmed the posiloks, tried everything....I even PMed GW AND called the hyperlites troubleshooting number. Not until I swapped the running and brake light wires (gray to white/blk, and red to gray) did the darn things work right.

Sharing just in case someone else runs into this same maddening issue (at the risk of exposing some dumb thing I did that I don't even realize).

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I added a bunch of Hyperlite 16 LED modules to supplement brake and turn signals, but I hate the flash feature and did not buy it, just raw modules.

Also, if you haven't seen the white LED modules they sell, they're true retina burners. The Hypelite guy rides a Vstrom and I forget his name.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
LED

Looking for additional led's to mount on the luggage, I saw a cute package on the rack at Auto Zone. There's a botten letting me know I can test it, Damm thing had me seeing spots !!!!!!!!!
4 led's , slightly blueish, in an oval chrome case, I had to buy it, at $15.00 it wasn't all too bad. Removed it from the package , almost identical to a set at super bright. But the dumbest thing was the power supply for testing, 10 watch batteries.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
they're true retina burners. The Hypelite guy rides a Vstrom and I forget his name.
Do you mean to say they burned clear through your retinas to the memory portion of your brain?

I'm thinking of putting one of these on the back of my bike:

($175)

So I can display helpful messages to motorist, like:

"I'm stopping now you &%$#ing little &%$-face!"

or

"Sorry to have made you look up from your texting you %$#@ing stupid #$&@"

or

I'm right here, Granny, between the underside of the steering wheel and the top of the dashboard."

or

"It's not a BMW, it's the Suzuki V-Strom, the #1 value leader in it's class."

·
Registered
156 Posts
Bright rear end.

Have had the hyper lites fitted for a few years, have just added the admore lighting set up for the givi top box, looks good!!

Couldn't work out how to embed the video but if you click on the picture it opens in Photo bucket.

·
Registered
16 Posts
HyperLite LED running/brake lights for the Vstrom

I meticulously mounted and wired the new HyperLite U32 kit on my DL1000 today. Removing the rear rack and fender is pretty easy to get access to the wiring loom. The HyperLites have 16 LEDs on each module and are on both sides of my license plate. I removed the round reflector on the side of the license plate bracket and made two 1.5" x 2" plates and used the screw holes for the reflector to attach them. The plates make them adjustable and bring the lights flush with the license plate. When everything was wired, the running lights worked, but not the brake lights. I re-checked all my connections and then went online and followed their troubleshooting guide. Still no luck. So I called Ron at HyperLite.com for help and found out that he rides a Vstrom! It turned out that I had to fire the bike up before the brake lights worked properly. Once the motor cranked up, both the running and brake lights worked. I thought it would be nice to be a little more visible when the kid behind me in the SUV is texting his friends! In the daytime, these lights are an impressive eye-catcher. I need to take it out for a ride tonight to see if they'll light up the night like other riders claim.

Attachments

·
Registered
517 Posts
Do you mean to say they burned clear through your retinas to the memory portion of your brain?

I'm thinking of putting one of these on the back of my bike:

($175)

So I can display helpful messages to motorist, like:

"I'm stopping now you &%$#ing little &%$-face!"

or

"Sorry to have made you look up from your texting you %$#@ing stupid #$&@"

or

I'm right here, Granny, between the underside of the steering wheel and the top of the dashboard."

or

"It's not a BMW, it's the Suzuki V-Strom, the #1 value leader in it's class."
That would be great. How about "wake up!"? That might actually fit :mrgreen:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts