StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who own Hyper Lites, do you leave them set up to always flash when the brakes are on or do you set it to flash for five seconds and then go to steady on? Just curious ...

Regards, Tim

·
Rjsurfer
539 Posts
I left mine on the default setting, stays on as long as the brake is applied.

For that price I thought I might as well get my moneys worth.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I cut the green wire (5 second flash, then solid). I commute in morning darkness and I know those LEDs are very bright to the folks behind me. They get the message well enough . . .

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Gotta agree with 5 flashes and then solid. Followed a touring rig set that way and was impressed. Following some one in slow moving traffic with a continuous flashing brake light would give me thoughts of revenge.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I just installed on one mine (yesterday) I will leave it flashing, I want to annoy those behind me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hyperlites flash

I have mine on to constant flash when the brake is applied.I want those behind me to have a constant reminder that I'm in front of them. Too many cars are rear ended with their brake lights on so we all need to have any farkle that might increase our chances of being seen.

·
Registered
126 Posts
5 seconds for me. You can always release and reapply the brake for another 5 seconds if the situation warrants it.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I will cut the green wire when installing mine. I feel the 5 seconds of flashing then full on is adequate. Flashing all the time may be distracting to other drivers.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I think I will cut the green wire when installing mine. I feel the 5 seconds of flashing then full on is adequate. Flashing all the time may be distracting to other drivers.
5 seconds here. No need to piss off the guy waiting behind you at a long light. You can always release and re-apply the brakes to get another 5 secs. if traffic has not come from behind yet. These things work great!!

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
I just installed a 'Back off' modulator. The pattern is 3 blinks followed by about a 3 second pause. I like the continuous pattern. If the guy behind me is pissed, well, at least he is very aware of me. :D

·
Registered
292 Posts
I cut the green wire (5 second flash, then solid). I commute in morning darkness and I know those LEDs are very bright to the folks behind me. They get the message well enough . . .
+1 for me too....though sometimes, the hypers like to stay on all the time, for some reason?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts