StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all-

Noob here and first time owner of a DL1000, 2006. I have noticed that i am leaking clutch fluid from the seal on the top cap of the reservior. I took it apart, inspected it (the inside rubber seal/gasket was all good), refilled the fluid and put it all back together and tightened everything down really well. It still leaks. The bike has 43k on it so it may be time for a replacement. Anyone have any insight on this as far as common fixes? If it needs to be replaced can someone recommend a vendor? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Add more info where you are, what you ride etc to your profile and signature to get better answers.

Your problem is an unusual one in my memory. If you tightened the reservoir lid "really well" I would be worried that the lid is bent. Gentle is the term that comes to mind. So take the lid of and see it its straight. Then look over the mating flange real well to see it it is straight with no nicks etc. If all this checks out ...
assuming the reservoir is not overfilled it may be time for a new gasket.
Just google it ... oem 2004 dl1000 clutch reservoir gasket - Google Search
That way you can find the part number. Then search for that part to see where you can get it. You local dealer also come to mind. Those gaskets are likely used in many models.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
When you put the cap and that funky rubber bladder gizmo back in place, make sure both mating surfaces are dry. If not the fluid may be wicking, and that is what you are seeing. Good luck. And you don't need to crank those 4 screws super tight, just tight enough they don't wiggle loose. Check them a ride or 2 after you put that cap back on to see the screws are secure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts