StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there, bin going the usual Google searching but can only come up with one reputable source, (MFW brand).

Footpegs - Ergonomics & Rider Comfort - Shop by Product | TwistedThrottle.com

They are pricy so I am looking for alternate suggestions.

Apparently the SW Bars are 27mm, which might explain why my 1" clamp style $30 ones did not secure well on the bar.

Any alternate suggestions...?

I have also tried the clamp on style from Kapscomoto, but they just move around after I've tightened them.

http://www.kapscomoto.com/product_p/km012-b.htm

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there thanks.

I checked out Happy Trails offerings and they only show these:

Happy Trails Adj Universal Clamp-on Highway Pegs SKU: HTP0-0-4-A.

Which they say are only for 1" or 25.4 mm bars. I understand the SW Motech bars are 27mm.

I sent HT an email to see if they could help me.

Stay tuned.

Ps: I'm terrible at anything remotely considered "home made"!

·
Premium Member
4,196 Posts
If you have an aluminum skid plate you could attach some Enduro Guardian highway pegs to that. It is a bit lower too.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey BugMagnet, thanks a bunch for the referral.

I have a SW Motech skid plate so I just sent them an email to see if their HWY pegs and side stand cover plate will work.

Yes lower would be better I think as well.

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Hey BugMagnet, thanks a bunch for the referral.

I have a SW Motech skid plate so I just sent them an email to see if their HWY pegs and side stand cover plate will work.

Yes lower would be better I think as well.
I believe the highway pegs will work, but you will have to drill holes in the skidplate to accept the hardware that will hold the pegs. I have not done this yet, but have always wanted to. BugMagnet is correct that the pegs mounted across the skidplate are a much better position than on the engine guards. Post some pictures in you install the Happy Trails highway pegs - good luck!

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I use the Happy Trails highway pegs on both my bikes. It's a very simple installation and just as chirosyd mentioned, drill two holes and bolt up the crash bars. I use the OEM crash bars on both my 650 and 1000 and they're definitely a lifesaver on long trips.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey guys are you talking about the Happy Trails pegs or the Enduro a guardian brand?

Bug magnet was talking about the Enduro Guardian style.

Yann from Enduro Guardian emailed me back to say he was not sure if they would fit on the SW plate. He suggested I click on the pic of the bars at the web site which is suppose to take me to more pictures and info.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Hey guys are you talking about the Happy Trails pegs or the Enduro a guardian brand?

Bug magnet was talking about the Enduro Guardian style.

Yann from Enduro Guardian emailed me back to say he was not sure if they would fit on the SW plate. He suggested I click on the pic of the bars at the web site which is suppose to take me to more pictures and info.

Can you take a pic and post it of your skid plate. I can tell you if it will fit or not. I'm talking about the Happy Trail highway pegs. They mount to the skid plate not the crash bars. I can't imagine highway pegs mounted to the crash bars being comfortable since they're up so high unless you're short. The skid plate mounted ones let you stretch out at foot peg height.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can you take a pic and post it of your skid plate. I can tell you if it will fit or not. I'm talking about the Happy Trail highway pegs. They mount to the skid plate not the crash bars. I can't imagine highway pegs mounted to the crash bars being comfortable since they're up so high unless you're short. The skid plate mounted ones let you stretch out at foot peg height.
Can u send me the link for the HT skid plate mounted hwy bars, cuz when I check their web site I only find the Crash Bar mounted ones for $80 thanks.

Yes I agree the skid plate option would be more comfortable being lower down.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Can u send me the link for the HT skid plate mounted hwy bars, cuz when I check their web site I only find the Crash Bar mounted ones for $80 thanks.

Yes I agree the skid plate option would be more comfortable being lower down.

They're listed under the 650. If you order them specify they're for the 1000 and tell them you want them longer. The 650 one is too short by like 2" causing your knees to hit the crash bars when your feet are on the pegs. It's no extra charge to do this as this is what I did.

Nevermind. They created them permanently!!
http://www.happy-trail.com/happy-trails-highway-pegs-2-to-each-side.html

·
Registered
24 Posts
you should write them a review!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
They're listed under the 650. If you order them specify they're for the 1000 and tell them you want them longer. The 650 one is too short by like 2" causing your knees to hit the crash bars when your feet are on the pegs. It's no extra charge to do this as this is what I did.

Nevermind. They created them permanently!!
Highway pegs for DL650/DL1000 Vstrom.
So with the extra 2" are they now comfortable on the 2014+ Vee2 (ie: your feet and legs are comfortable)?

Also, is the mounting system sturdy or does the bar wiggle a big with the weight of your feet on the outside of the pegs? I clicked on the instructions link on the HT HWY peg page to get a closer look at how they are attached to the skid plate but it took me to the home page instead.

What skid plate do you have the pegs attached to? I have the SW Motech.

I'm trying to decide between the Happy Trails and the Enduro Guardian as the EG appear to be mounted more securely (but I suppose one could use the same mounting U bolts on the HT model as well...?) but the HT are 1/2 the price.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
So with the extra 2" are they now comfortable on the 2014+ Vee2 (ie: your feet and legs are comfortable)?

Also, is the mounting system sturdy or does the bar wiggle a big with the weight of your feet on the outside of the pegs? I clicked on the instructions link on the HT HWY peg page to get a closer look at how they are attached to the skid plate but it took me to the home page instead.

What skid plate do you have the pegs attached to? I have the SW Motech.

I'm trying to decide between the Happy Trails and the Enduro Guardian as the EG appear to be mounted more securely (but I suppose one could use the same mounting U bolts on the HT model as well...?) but the HT are 1/2 the price.

I use the HT skid plate. I promise you it's well worth the money. Very durable n thick. Powder coating is good too. You just have to drill two holes in the front top of it and bolt the highway pegs to it. Nothing to it.

The 2" made all the difference from what I originally got from them. They assumed the same would work with the 650 and the 1000 but it didn't.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts