StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Yep those ain't gonna work for the Strom. You're right.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
their response

Dear tinkietrucken,

You asked:
"Please explain: I don't see how this can work on an '04 dl1000. The DL has a one bolt/lower half clamp peice that conects to the triple tree. Please verify this aplication before you try to sell to us DL guys."

I'm not sure how your one bolt clamping system works. Our risers simply go between the handlebar and were that handlebar originally was seated. We do not replace anything that is already there. Can you clarify this? By the way, if our risers don't work on your bike we'll refund your money upon return, including postaage both ways. We also will make risers that will work on your bike if you can supply the correct dimensions. -- bierdo 800-522-6257

·
Registered
640 Posts
They don't look too refined, but they look like they would work to me. I went out to the parking lot to look at my bike and checked the sevice manual. What am I missing?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Re: their response

DCDL said:
Dear tinkietrucken,

You asked:
"Please explain: I don't see how this can work on an '04 dl1000. The DL has a one bolt/lower half clamp peice that conects to the triple tree. Please verify this aplication before you try to sell to us DL guys."

I'm not sure how your one bolt clamping system works. Our risers simply go between the handlebar and were that handlebar originally was seated. We do not replace anything that is already there. Can you clarify this? By the way, if our risers don't work on your bike we'll refund your money upon return, including postaage both ways. We also will make risers that will work on your bike if you can supply the correct dimensions. -- bierdo 800-522-6257
I don't think they made their risers very well. They should have a rounded nub to go in the U shaped part of the original riser where the handle sits. It looks like they made theirs flat across there. I would spend the extra dollars and get them throunf GenMar.

Dave

·
Registered
178 Posts
If the bolt holes are the right width they will work as risers, many people for years and still do just buy a new set of top clamps and place those upside down on the lowers and with longer bolts raise the bars. This is what this guy is basically selling.

The concern of the single upper bolt on the triples securing the forks has nothing to do with handlebar risers, risers just fit between the lower bars clamp and the bars and with new longer bolts securing the top clamp, and nothing to do with the triple trees.

Those with a machined surface designed to fit the curve of the lower clamp are more secure and spread any load on the bars better than just the load being held by the lateral strength of the bolts.

But there are much better prices for risers than from Gen-mar and with the same "engineering", check out www.happy-trail.com ~$30 or www.twistedthrottle.com from $23 for the same thing e-bay guy has, to ~$40 for just risers to ~$85 for risers and pullback.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts