StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I am Chris from Lake Macquarie, NSW area. Picking up my 2008 650 this week from a fellow Stromtrooper.

is there a thread floating anywhere that has the "good" rides for various areas in Australia, or do you guys just talk/show each other on organised rides?

Given that I am new here, has the idea of a sticky been discussed before with a list of great rides to do?

Cheers
Chris

·
Registered
811 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Glenn!

I had noticed on another forum that some UK folk have made a similar idea with Google Maps. I might have a go at making my own Google map version, and see how they compare side by side.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Welcome to Stromtroopers Chris,

I'm Dave and live near the Adamstown rail gates so am fairly local in Newcastle.

I'm only a fairly recent Strommer as well having bought a good used DL650 from the Broadmeadow dealer (Suzuki dealer that is:mrgreen:)

Been so hectic over the silly season with work and have been battling to go for any decent rides lately. So if you and Mudrat wouldn't mind another taggin' along on a ride one day...that'd be great. Would be great to meet some fellow Novacastrian Strommers.

Am looking forward to late March for the ride up to Bingara (V-strom Rally) so I'm in the process of preparing my bike for that.

Hope to catch you around

Cheers

WB
(Dave)

·
Registered
231 Posts
welcome aboard chris im out at the base of sugarloaf mtn please contact us local guys if your going for a quick ride or long one..most are interested at the drop of a hat..good bike to buy well set up and cared for by muddy....

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Welcome Chris,

Given that the bike you have bought is from a member that some of us ride with when we can all get together we expect you to become part of our "group". :thumbup:

Are you aware that the bike you bought has a penchant for finding serious dirt :yikes:

Well we think it may have been the bike but maybe the PO may have had a little input as well :confused:

Hope you stay here and keep riding with us too Muddy, that is if we can keep up with the KTM [got one yet?].

As I'm sure Muddy has told you, this is a great bunch here Chris. :fineprint:

Cheers,
Ock.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
NEW BIKE

Thought it might be Glens Bike. You scored a good one, well they are all good, lets just say an even better one. Some say that at the end of a good days ride, you can let go of the bars and it will head for home on auto pilot. Maybe needs to be re-educated as to which house.
It's good that you made contact, stay tuned and don't be shy to contribute!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Welcome Chris, I'm sure you'll enjoy the Wee and the Forum.

I've followed that bike of Muddy's to places I wouldn't usually attempt to walk let alone ride :yikes: so be careful he said it has a mind of it's own :confused:

Catch you for ride sometime,
:cheers2:
BOB

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Guys, yes Glenn has said you are a good group and I plan to get to know you :)

Hopefully the bike is in as good condition as I think if he has been doing some crazy things!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Welcome Chris, I'm sure you'll enjoy the Wee and the Forum.

I've followed that bike of Muddy's to places I wouldn't usually attempt to walk let alone ride :yikes: so be careful he said it has a mind of it's own :confused:

Catch you for ride sometime,
:cheers2:
BOB
yes and they where all public gazetted roads, Honest :fineprint::mrgreen:

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hey Everyone,

I am Chris from Lake Macquarie, NSW area. Picking up my 2008 650 this week from a fellow Stromtrooper.

is there a thread floating anywhere that has the "good" rides for various areas in Australia, or do you guys just talk/show each other on organised rides?

Given that I am new here, has the idea of a sticky been discussed before with a list of great rides to do?

Cheers
Chris
Hello Chris,
Any direction from your location is a good ride but one of the best day rides IMHO is the "Thunderbolts Way" .... Gloucester - Walcha -Wauchope - Newie.
or try an arvo ride to Dungog - Gresford - Morpeth Pub

Hope we see you on a ride one day ML

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Hopefully the bike is in as good condition as I think if he has been doing some crazy things!
The bike will be in better than good nick, Muddy can be a little "pedantic" :fineprint: about doing things right.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes and they where all public gazetted roads, Honest :fineprint::mrgreen:
Ah, just like the old days on the KTM, only gazetted roads.

"Thunderbolts Way" .... Gloucester - Walcha -Wauchope - Newie.
or try an arvo ride to Dungog - Gresford - Morpeth Pub

Hope we see you on a ride one day ML
Thanks for the ideas :)

Thunderbolts is on the list once I am used to the bike, we might throw Forster into it as well (possbily overnight)

Dungog-Bulladelah I have done a few times in cars/bikes (grew up near Raymond Terrace), We actually went Dungog-Gresford during honeymoon last year, but that was in a 4x4 (My wife is awesome...we picked a place we could go 4x4 and bush walks for our honeymoon). This would be a fun ride too.

Morpeth pub...never ate there, but did go through town every day going to school and work a few years back. For those that don't know, there is also 2 shops that sell imported lollies/softdrink (you know, Cherry Coke, Dr Pepper, Various fanta/Pepsi flavours)

See you on a ride? Hope so! Do guys usually 'advertise' rides in here, or is it sorted by PMs and email?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The bike will be in better than good nick, Muddy can be a little "pedantic" :fineprint: about doing things right.
Yeah, I was not worried. I have known Glenn for 7 years now I think? Gee, and we've only ridden together like 10 times. That is sad! We will hopefully fix this...except I have moved away from Dirt, and Glenn has moved back toward it....hmmm

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have rough plan to do a run up to Gloucester on Sunday the 15th, via Karuah and Waukivory if your anyone else is interested, and yes there will be Gravel :yikes:, but nothing your bike hasn't done before :fineprint::mrgreen:
Can't do Sundays :( But sounded good otherwise

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I have rough plan to do a run up to Gloucester on Sunday the 15th, via Karuah and Waukivory if your anyone else is interested, and yes there will be Gravel :yikes:, but nothing your bike hasn't done before :fineprint::mrgreen:
Thinking thinking, over night each end, it's doable :yesnod:, but will confirm later.
When is the Karuah rally on

1 - 20 of 20 Posts