StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

My Wee is collecting dust and it's bumming me out. My riding gear is good to about 40 degrees. I'd love to ride but I need some inspiration. Is there anyone from the area that would like to hook up for a day ride? There are some great roads between where I live (Clinton, NJ) and the Bethlehem/Allentown, PA area.

I'm all ears.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, dang...thanks for the reply!

This Saturday looks rainy....Sunday a little chilly but otherwise ok, but I promised my wife my (almost) undivided attention for a day.

I'm hoping for nice weather next weekend and will get back to you.

·
Registered
383 Posts
that weekend might be a no-go for me, getting a new puppy. . .we'll figure it out, might be up for yet another operation so i'm biding my time, haven't ridden at all either, the strom is just wasting away here as well. . .hasn't turned a wheel in god knows how long. . .

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Turn of an unfriendly card: I have a problem with a file I'm working on (I'm a loan officer) and I have to sit here tomorrow morning and wait for a call from my manager (bangs head).

:-(

·
Registered
383 Posts
that actually works out for the best jimbo, i was going to bow out anyway, its a risk versus benefit for me, i don't think i'd make such a long ride with my shoulder the way it is. maybe we can hook up for something short and sweet another time? crying shame, 66 and sunny tomorrow too? while you're at it tomorrow, can you loan me a few bucks?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey Jim,
I think we passed each other twice today out in New Hope area. I went out on some good back road and ended up in spring town and came down 32 there. I plan on going for a ride tomorrow also if you want to get together and ride. The weather should be nicer tomorrow.
Martin

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It definitely wasn't me. Today is my birthday and I'm kinda bummed because I wanted to go for a ride but there just isn't anyone around anymore. All my old riding buddies moved out of the area or had kids.

Tomorrow should be pretty good!

·
Registered
83 Posts
It definitely wasn't me. Today is my birthday and I'm kinda bummed because I wanted to go for a ride but there just isn't anyone around anymore. All my old riding buddies moved out of the area or had kids.

Tomorrow should be pretty good!
Happy Birthday Jim. It was a great day for a ride. I am going tomorrow if you are interested.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ack! i caught this thread too late!
No worries. The way the weather has been, there will be a "next time" pretty soon!

Great ride today Jim. I will be posting a few pics on the SSYSO site. Here is the link http://www.ssyso.com it will be under ride reports. Weather was great.
Yeah, great to meet you, too! What nice roads they have on the other side of the river, eh? Beautiful weather and great scenery.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Saturday the 6th it is suppose to be in the 60's any one up for a ride? we can hit PA/hunterdon/warren or somthing. I like riding out in PA. I will also post on the SSYSO site. I'll see if it is warm enough for Jorge to ride. lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Still Riding?

Hi Jim
just picked up a 1000 at Philipsburg. Weekends I usually head out from Rockland County to Bethlehhem area and would be glad to meet you some time
PS - you a kayaker??.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts