StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a Triumph for sale in my neck of the woods and it looks like a fun bike. Any ideas on how the two would do against each other in a drag race?

How about reliability? Is one going to be more hard core off road than the other? MPG?

If I buy it then chances are that I will keep both.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
One of the world's tougher questions... I think you're going to have to find out and then come let us know. :mrgreen:

With bikes that age, a lot will depend on how well they've been maintained and upgraded.

·
Registered
631 Posts
There is a Triumph for sale in my neck of the woods and it looks like a fun bike. Any ideas on how the two would do against each other in a drag race?

How about reliability? Is one going to be more hard core off road than the other? MPG?

If I buy it then chances are that I will keep both.

Friend had one new back in the day, when we all had new 95/96 Triumphs. Power, hard to say...but I'll bet they are close, if the Triumph not having a slight edge if it's been kept up properly. As I recall, more ground clearance and suspension travel too.

If it's nice, I'd buy it just because it's a rarity these days!

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I almost bought once once, but it felt so top,heavy I scrapped the idea. It was a real grunt just to get it up off the side stand.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I like them, but never could pull the trigger. English bikes are unique and an acquired taste. Love the engine, power would be about the same, probably smoother. Never ridden one back to back with a DL1000. They are heavy pigs, kinda like a BIG KLR with power. As a tall guy I always thought they were comfy. Suspension was really soft to me, but I only looked at one that was totally stock. In the end I decided on a 2006 DL1000, IMO a much better value.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds good. If I can get a smoking deal on this bike then I may buy it, short of that I'm cool with the VSTROM.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts