StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Looking at it on my phone, I'm not sure I'm even seeing it. But if it is off on the right where the contact patch is in a hard lean, I would not worry at all. Actually, at 1/16 depth, you will wear past that even in the center. On the sides, maybe just, before the center is worn completely.

I see it now. If it's a cut and only 1/16 deep, just watch it. If that was in the center, it would just wear away.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Looks to me like an impact with a pointy rock caused it. That shouldn't be a big deal. Stuff like that happens to tires. Keep an eye on it to see if it spreads, lengthens, deepens--probably won't.

One other thing you *could* do, if you wanted to know for sure (although I wouldn't do it). You could drill down into it, all the way into the inside of the tire to see how much rubber is left on the inside below the wound. That would make sure that you wouldn't have any chance of having it go bad on you while you're riding it. Of course that would let all the air out of the tire, but that's the insurance part that I'm talking about. :)
(Hope you don't take me seriously!)
Angky

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks to me like an impact with a pointy rock caused it. That shouldn't be a big deal. Stuff like that happens to tires. Keep an eye on it to see if it spreads, lengthens, deepens--probably won't.

One other thing you *could* do, if you wanted to know for sure (although I wouldn't do it). You could drill down into it, all the way into the inside of the tire to see how much rubber is left on the inside below the wound. That would make sure that you wouldn't have any chance of having it go bad on you while you're riding it. Of course that would let all the air out of the tire, but that's the insurance part that I'm talking about. :)
(Hope you don't take me seriously!)
Angky
:yikes: I appreciate that advice!!
Seriously guys, thanks for the input. Kinda what I had in mind also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts