StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
I write it on a strip on blue painters tape, stick it inside my trunk, it reminds me everytime I open my trunk. On my cruiser I stick it on the frame, under the seat.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
I keep a log of any changes I make with mileage and dates.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I keep a log of any changes I make with mileage and dates.
This is the only thing that makes sense to me, in the case of air filters.

What does it matter the date when you changed it last? Yes, you need to check the air filter, but depending on the conditions you ride in, it could need changing in a week, a month or a year. If you are in dusty conditions, or height of bug season, check it often. The length of time in service seems irrelevant to me, and having to open the air box to find when I last checked it doesn't make a lot of sense to me either. Only thing that matters is if it is clean and useable.

·
Registered
15,408 Posts
Every other tire change? PITA to lift the tank off.
I did the window screen thing to keep the bugs out. Should be good for many long time.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Easy. Use a marker pen.
Awesome microscope there K1W1!

I've used markers for that, except I write down the mileage, too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I checked mine on Saturday, as well as installing hoses and doing a TBS.

It has had 2000 miles since I bought the bike (and the bike was serviced by the dealer I bought from).

The filter was very clean (one or two bugs) and the airbox underneath was clear of any dust. Having said that, I'm almost always on tarmac, even if some of it is a bit "rural".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts